New Way Youths Entertain Themselves,StreetBeefs

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Nota good idea and it is dangerous but lots of teen boys and even some girls are inot backyard fighting .
My 15 year old grandson has been doing this for a coupl tears now and stays on restriction, by his parents. He is on restriction now because he fought this past week and got a really bad beating by the other fighter.
My daughter told him she will not keep putting up with it and will not paay for plastic surgery or teeth when the mess up his face. She is really havinga hardtime with him. He will talk to me aand I am trying to lead him away from it, he is special to us and I remind him of that every talk. He will be 16 next May

I understand your concern for your loved ones. If 2 people willingly fight so be it. In the old days we called that recess. It's better than growing up to be a latte siping, man bun wearing snowflake. In my humble opinion.

Come to think of it the best way to get him uninterested is to encourage him. If there is local boxing take him down and sign him up. Get him on a strict diet and exercise. That will take the fun out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fights were just part of growing up back in the day. I was always the biggest in my class from 1st grade till 11th. Seemed like every few months somebody figured if they could whip me everybody would leave them alone. Got to the point my principals were asking why I was always fighting, I finally got them to realize I wasn't the one starting them. Parents always drilled in my head, don't be starting crap, but I'd better take my part. But back then you'd fight one day, be friends again the next in most cases. Today get in a fight, might get shot the next day.

I understand your concern for your loved ones. If 2 people willingly fight so be it. In the old days we called that recess. It's better than growing up to be a latte siping, man bun wearing pussy snowflake. In my humble opinion.

Come to think of it the best way to get him uninterested is to encourage him. If there is local boxing take him down and sign him up. Get him on a strict diet and exercise. That will take the fun out of it.

Only talk on phone now since pandemic lastseen him in prson was last Sept. I don't preach much,since he is on lockdown like we are now he is so bored. And in a bad city Atlanta.Yet lives in very upscale n-hood. But nothing to do there so he visits old city with friends he grew up with till 3 years ago, thats where he fights.

Fights were just part of growing up back in the day. I was always the biggest in my class from 1st grade till 11th. Seemed like every few months somebody figured if they could whip me everybody would leave them alone. Got to the point my principals were asking why I was always fighting, I finally got them to realize I wasn't the one starting them. Parents always drilled in my head, don't be starting crap, but I'd better take my part. But back then you'd fight one day, be friends again the next in most cases. Today get in a fight, might get shot the next day.

He has nohing to do since they moved into nice hood with bad schools,he use to be in ball and run with his friends. Now gangs go after kids and make them pay money to not get beat by the gang. Makes me so mad what has happend to this nation.
They bought soem land in NE Ga last month so maybe in a year or so they will move up there.Near Tenn.N.Carolina Ga. line.But I don't see teen living in the woods wwithout friends.

I understand your concern for your loved ones. If 2 people willingly fight so be it. In the old days we called that recess. It's better than growing up to be a latte siping, man bun wearing snowflake. In my humble opinion.

That is a great bit of feedback there!

If you can help channel his nature... bonus!

(Forgive me for overuse of exclamation points)

Ben

I wish kids could have the life I had growing up. I had perfect life as a kid always something to do drive in with family,skating, always running through the woords or swimming in our lake, or going downton Atlanta to movies on a bus very safe city till the 70s .
Kids need fun things and hard work too.

Latest posts

Back