• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

no ammo

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I haven't stepped foot into a gun store since this scare. Word around here is that the local gun shop has had a huge run on guns and ammo, so it's not just the big stores.

When WM had handgun ammo, I'd usually pick up a box or two every time I went in. Now, I've got plenty and have no reason to go get more. I stocked up on ammo the same way I stock up on everything else.........gradually and when on sale. The turtle always beats the hare.

I just purchased my annual 5,000 rounds of 9mm a few weeks back and 4,000 rounds of 5.56mm a few weeks before that. It's nice to have a compulsive ammo purchasing disorder. :D
Hey, I thought the wife had you on a financial quarantine.......cheater!!:waiting:

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hey, I thought the wife had you on a financial quarantine.......cheater!!
Whoa! That was a gun buying restriction not a complete cease fire. She spends money on food for her kids, I spend money on food for my kids. 🤭

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I got another 250 40 caliber brass in the mail yesterday. It is cleaned and ready to be prepped and loaded. I have about 700 rounds to prep, 550 loaded in boxes and a few magazines that are loaded. After I prep the 40 I have some 223/556 brass that is prepped and some 257 Roberts brass that is prepped and ready to load to find a good load. I also have 357, 9mm, 358 Winchester, and 30-'06 to load. Then there is 30-30, 7mm, and a couple others that I don't shoot a lot of other than at the 800 yard target to make sure they are still dialed in. I should have cards printed up; "Have guns will travel" with a secure email on them. Then all I need is a horse... or something with a lot of horsepower. :)

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
I got another 250 40 caliber brass in the mail yesterday. It is cleaned and ready to be prepped and loaded. I have about 700 rounds to prep, 550 loaded in boxes and a few magazines that are loaded. After I prep the 40 I have some 223/556 brass that is prepped and some 257 Roberts brass that is prepped and ready to load to find a good load. I also have 357, 9mm, 358 Winchester, and 30-'06 to load. Then there is 30-30, 7mm, and a couple others that I don't shoot a lot of other than at the 800 yard target to make sure they are still dialed in. I should have cards printed up; "Have guns will travel" with a secure email on them. Then all I need is a horse... or something with a lot of horsepower. :)
Last summer I was offered a deal on 40 SW range brass I couldn't pass on. Deprimed and cleaned ready for reloading. There is three more bins behind the three in the picture. Could say I'm brass rich at the moment.

image.jpeg

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My 40 cases only fill two coffee cans... but I do have more coming. A two pound coffee can will hold about 7 - 800 cases.
If you find that having all that brass is a burden I would be willing to offer some relief. ;) I think after my next shipment I will have enough brass for the next 25 years or so. I only shoot about 100 rounds a month for practice drills and pleasure. I have to shoot all four of my pistols or they might get jealous and decide to go on strike. :) So that is 400 rounds a month in pistols.

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I was in a Bi-mart store in Grants Pass today to get prescriptions filled and I always go back to the guns and ammo department, lots of guns but the shelves were empty of almost all center fire ammo, lots of 17 and 22 stuff and on the other side where all the reloading supplies are, not many bullets and very little powder.

Spikedriver

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
All this panic buying has me tempted to run out for some 5.56 and some Critical Defense 9mm. But then I remember that I could probably wipe out the French army with what I already have and I calm down pretty quick. I am a bit short on 9mm hollow points though.

My brother called and asked what happened to all the .22 ammo. He's got a pest problem and only about 20 rounds on hand. I told him, don't bother going to the store, I'll give you 100. He said, "100 rounds, wow, how much do you have?" I told him that I won't live long enough to see the end of it. The silence on the line was deafening...:LOL:

Latest posts

Group Builder