Non dairy creamers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVDragonlady

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hubby has become a pumpkin spice zombie ( just kidding) and so asked me to get him some pumpkin spice non dairy creamer for in his coffee at home. I just use plain 1% milk in mine.
I was wondering if anyone has used it in other recipes? How did it work out?
I went to the products website and they have a recipe section. Mostly drinks but there were recipes for muffins and in the comment section of the site someone mentioned they used it in their pancakes and another one said it was great for overnight oats.
I'm planning on trying it in a pancake recipe. Just replace it for the milk to see how it comes out. If it works out I'll try some in some oatmeal.
If it comes out good I might try the caramel flavor.

Well hubby HATES it :rolleyes:o_O
So I used it to make some pancakes this morning. Turned out great. Tasted like gingerbread to me. I also added a big pinch of granola to each pancake after I poured the batter and used regular pancake syrup because I hate maple flavor anything ;)

Next up will be making some muffins with it :D See what hubby says after I make them since I won't tell him I'm using it :p

I used non-dairy creamer for most of my adult life. One time at a staff breakfast, I made coffee and provided it. Someone told me that they use regular cream or half and half. I always thought that was more expensive and difficult to keep. She also told me that non-dairy creamer tastes like chemicals and has some stuff in it that is not good for us. I researched it. She was correct, at least according to the information I found. I then changed and started using mostly half and half, but from time to time I use cream.

I have used canned pumpkin and added a spoonful to my coffee with my half and half or cream. I use either cream or half and half at different times. You can also used pumpkin pie seasoned filling or add some pumpkin pie spices to the pumpkin.

There are all kinds of recipes on line for pumpkin coffee and latte's. Most use milk. I will post one recipe I have found, but there are many possibilities.

https://www.inspiredtaste.net/8419/pumpkin-spice-latte-at-home-recipe/

The Best Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe
  • PREP 5mins
  • COOK 5mins
  • TOTAL 10mins
Make the popular coffee house pumpkin latte at home. Canned or homemade pumpkin puree both work well in this recipe.

Makes 2 Drinks
YOU WILL NEED
2 cups milk (dairy or non-dairy)

2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, see our homemade pumpkin puree recipe

1 to 3 tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet you like it

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for serving

1/2 cup strong hot coffee

Whipped cream, for serving

DIRECTIONS

• Add milk, pumpkin puree, and sugar to a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until hot, but do not boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and the coffee.

Divide the mixture between two mugs. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
ADAM AND JOANNE'S TIPS
  • Milk: This tastes best with 2% or whole milk, but you can substitute with skim milk. Non-dairy milk like soy, almond, or coconut milk will also work.
  • Sugar: This recipe calls for 1 to 3 tablespoons of sugar. How much you use is up to you. We tend to prefer less sugar in our drinks. You can also use a sugar substitute. Add this to taste.
  • Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend: Find pumpkin pie spice at the store or make it at home. You likely have everything you need to make it already. Mix the following spices in a spice jar: 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon + 2 teaspoons ground ginger + 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg + a pinch of ground cloves.
  • Nutrition Facts: The nutrition facts provided below are estimates. We have used the USDA Supertracker recipe calculator to calculate approximate values. We assumed 2% milk and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #inspiredtaste — We love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook! Find us: @inspiredtaste

NUTRITION PER SERVING: Serving Size 1 drink / Calories 171 / Protein 9 g / Carbohydrate 21 g / Dietary Fiber 1 g / Total Sugars 20 g / Total Fat 6 g / Saturated Fat 4 g / Cholesterol 24 mg
AUTHOR: Adam and Joanne Gallagher

Last edited:
Back