"Not Going To Happen To Me Again" - Prepping Goes Mainstream In Post-COVID Era

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we it sure wasn’t well informed intelligent voters, if so they must have been stoned stupid thats for sure. I think they need to add a minimum IQ level to all government positions.
how do you go from being a bartender to politics? Wake up voters.
There's not enough coma-chronic on this planet to make me vote for either of those mental defectives!

I think they need to add a minimum IQ level to all government positions.
The problem with that is that the power-that-be would be in charge of the IQ tests.
Just look at standardized tests today. My children (homeschooled) grew up knowing - there's the right answer to a question, and there's the answer they want you to give.

On the topic of 'Prepping goes Mainstream'..........

On his radio show today, Dan Bongino went on a litte mini 'people, it's time to get prepped' rant. I really like Dan's show. He's no nonsense and chuck full of good information. He's concerned about the potential invasion of Taiwan from China. It's been a while since I've heard that concern brought up and I didn't hear his whole show today, so I'm not yet sure what brought that on. But, he's concerned about how that could affect the supply chain here.

He told his listeners to get at least a 6 month supply of food for your family. He said "yes, my sponsors sell this stuff (food), but that's not why I'm urging you to get ready". It goes far deeper than that. He went on to say to stock up on multiple prep supplies like batteries, water and water filtration, generators, charcoal or other cooking methods, medical supplies including antibiotics, personal protection, ect. He covered quite a lot. He said when communications go down due to WW3, you'll be so glad you did. He said to do it for your family....just do it for them. He was seriously trying to urge people (without sounding panicky) to get prepped.

He went on to say that the happiest day for him would be to throw all of it away one day. "I hope I never need any of this stuff", he said. I respect him for saying all of that b/c he knows he just put a target on his back. However, I doubt many people know where he lives and with him being former secret service.....he would be the last person I would try and take things from. I think you'd find yourself very dead very quickly. Good on you Dan for trying to wake people up and pushing them to get prepared.

On his radio show today, Dan Bongino went on a litte mini 'people, it's time to get prepped' rant. I really like Dan's show. He's no nonsense and chuck full of good information. He's concerned about the potential invasion of Taiwan from China. It's been a while since I've heard that concern brought up and I didn't hear his whole show today, so I'm not yet sure what brought that on. But, he's concerned about how that could affect the supply chain here.

He told his listeners to get at least a 6 month supply of food for your family. He said "yes, my sponsors sell this stuff (food), but that's not why I'm urging you to get ready". It goes far deeper than that. He went on to say to stock up on multiple prep supplies like batteries, water and water filtration, generators, charcoal or other cooking methods, medical supplies including antibiotics, personal protection, ect. He covered quite a lot. He said when communications go down due to WW3, you'll be so glad you did. He said to do it for your family....just do it for them. He was seriously trying to urge people (without sounding panicky) to get prepped.

He went on to say that the happiest day for him would be to throw all of it away one day. "I hope I never need any of this stuff", he said. I respect him for saying all of that b/c he knows he just put a target on his back. However, I doubt many people know where he lives and with him being former secret service.....he would be the last person I would try and take things from. I think you'd find yourself very dead very quickly. Good on you Dan for trying to wake people up and pushing them to get prepared.
Taiwan has been a concern ever since brandon took office.

If you look at people pushing prepping, there is an over abundance of those from special services, Secret Service, military intelligence, Navy Seals, Green Berets, etc. These are all highly intelligent people with experience in bad places.

I enjoy Appalachian Homesteadon Facebook. She came out with a message 4 days ago, check your preps and maybe increase them. She has many good, down to earth, common sense comments.
There’s so much not in/on the news. Worry- no. Serious concern- yes.
added, later today

Attachments

• C44132F5-DD05-4FB2-912B-F15A8F2F45BF.png
    C44132F5-DD05-4FB2-912B-F15A8F2F45BF.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I can't read it without signing up; so I make this comment based on experience of people who 'learned' from the first lockdown here. They stocked up- mainly in their freezers. But I'm seeing it drop away the further it gets from memory. So out of those who hooked up the the prepping wagon - I doubt if many of them will keep it going. They stocked some food, not skills.

It certainly is refreshing to hear it from somebody (at least close to) the mainstream media. Maybe people will wake up and realize we aren't a bunch of tin foil hat wearing lunatics. It is sound advice.

https://bongino.com/podcasts

Taiwan has been a concern ever since brandon took office.
Yeah, but it's not really been front page news for a while, probably due to all the other 'distractions' of which we have not been short of since Brandon took office. I thought we had a thread on the China and Taiwan situation somewhere but I can't find it now, otherwise I probably would have left the comment there.

I have heard Dan push preparedness several times in the past few months. Although, on his last radio show he seemed more intense about it. Clearly this guy has connections, so it makes me wonder what he knows. If anyone is paying attention to what's going on, it's obvious that something is coming down the pike. Anyone who's not concerned about it might want to reconsider, but that doesn't apply to anyone on this fourm. Time to fill in the gaps, I think.

Some family members just got back from visiting relatives in Twn. I won't comment on any of it other than to say that what's going on over there has nothing in common with the bs propaganda over here. It won't be much longer before a certain demographic won't be welcome as tourists. It is most certainly not safe to travel to China now. Do not assume that the installed puppet government has the support of its underlings. They have no interest in becoming the next Ukraine. No further comments forth coming.

over here most people panic buy when there is a supply problem, once its all over they go back to the way they were, they will never learn.
That has never made sense to me. Even if you have a garden and can your own food, you win: if nothing ever goes wrong, you still save money and eat better.

I heard Dan Bongino's show today and it reminded me of this thread. Apparently China has been warning it's citizens to get ready for war. Well, that got Dan back in his 'get prepared folks' rant. I don't blame him one bit b/c I don't think he's wrong, especially considering that MSM hasn't mentioned a word of it. I'm feeling uneasy about what's going to happen before the supposed 2024 election......IF we make it that far.
He said some similar things on his podcast here:

Yes, I know he has advertisers that sell LT foods and supplies, but he's still not wrong in what he says.

I know the prepping thread has been pretty quiet lately, but I highly doubt people are sitting on their hands right now. The threats are everywhere. We should have a thread on what's coming next and what it will be. War, disease, internet outage, power outage, digital currency, terrorists crossing the border, nukes, etc.

The more Trump gets on social media and has packed rallies.....the more the Dems poo their pants. They know they're in trouble. Even with Michael running against DJT, it won't be enough. It's a recipe for a FF.

As far as the threat of war, I agree with Dan.......any enemy that wants to strike the US (or anyone else) will do it before the current dementia patient vacates the office. There will be no better opportunity than right now. The American people with their guns at home is the only thing that gives other countries pause about striking US. Biden will (and has) sold us down the road.....but they know Americans will defend their home! China has put the warning out there. If they strike it's going to happen in a snap. He talks about this at about the 40 minute mark in the above podcast. He is just guessing at a timeline like the rest of us, but he sees the signs.

Now might be a good time check things and to top off supplies......

Latest posts

Back