Not so frugal postage increases again next week

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patchouli

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
First Class Mail Letters

• The First Class Mail letter (1 oz.) rate for postage purchased at the Post Office is increasing by five cents to $0.55 from $0.50.
  • Each additional ounce for a First Class Mail letter will cost an extra $0.15 (a decrease from $0.21 in 2018).
  • First Class Mail Flats/Large Envelope rates are not increasing in 2019, remaining at $1.00 (1 oz.), with additional ounces costing $0.15.
  • Postcard rates are also not increasing in 2019, remaining at $0.35.
  • Customers who print postage online (via Stamps.com), the Metered Mail rate will now be a 5 cent discount compared to the Post Office price with rates increasing to $0.50 in 2019 from $0.47 currently.
  • Each additional ounce will cost an extra $0.15 in 2019, a decrease from $0.21 currently.
  • The five cent discount for online postage on a one-ounce First Class Mail letter represents a savings of 9% for consumers and small business owners.

When they first offered “forever stamps” I bought 5 packs. I think they were $0.37, maybe less. As with anything, I knew the price would never go down so stocked up. I still have 3+ packs left.

Might have been overkill but I still do some snail mailings.

Just did a search, They were first offered for $0.39 in April 2007. Guess the postage did not go up as fast as I thought it would.

Earlier this month I bought 5 packs of stamps. We go through countless stamps every year because wife sends out many greeting cards for every occasion. And Valintine's Day is coming. I think Easter is the big thing after that besides all the birthday and anniversary cards.

When they first offered “forever stamps” I bought 5 packs. I think they were $0.37, maybe less. As with anything, I knew the price would never go down so stocked up. I still have 3+ packs left.

Might have been overkill but I still do some snail mailings.

Just did a search, They were first offered for $0.39 in April 2007. Guess the postage did not go up as fast as I thought it would.

I'm still using 2007 forever stamps. I think I still have 3 packs left with 1,000 stamps in them. I think I bought 5 or 6 packs total back then. I store them in a fireproof safe. My stamps will probably outlast the post office.

I give stamps to the kids for Christmas. They appreciate it. They don't use nearly as much as I do though. I still use snail mail frequently.

I am not so good at doing much mailing, but I have been sending requests for genealogy information lately. I keep stamps in a mint tin, and I just looked this morning. Some stamps say 32 cents, some say 37 cents. I need to go take the mint box to the post office and fill in the gap with missing amounts, instead of using too much postage by doubling up.

My mom use to buy the forever stamps. I don't know if they cost more then what yall been paying or not.but yet.they might be worth looking into.

Latest posts

Back