Now For Some Good News Stories

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
We love driving on the beach and now we can again.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...nday-after-months-long-renourishment-project/

VILANO BEACH, Fla. – Vehicles are again permitted on Vilano Beach after a monthslong beach renourishment project to restore the dunes.

St. Johns County officials said on-beach driving there was reinstated Sunday.

According to county officials, the renourishment project was designed to restore critically-e

1612109985551.png

We brought the dogs too,only ask not to bring you own food, so they can keep the admission cost down use the snack bar,

https://ocaladrivein.info/
1612735547179.png

LOW PRICE

Adults $6 Children (6-12) $3 Children 5 and Under FREE

ALL OF OUR PRICES REFLECT A 4% DISCOUNT FOR OUR CASH PAYING GUEST.

Pay in CASH and SAVE !!!

Gates Open 6:00 PM

WE ARE OPEN BRINGING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ONLY THE FINEST IN AFFORDABLE & SAFE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT

%20https%3A=

By us giving you TWO Great Movies for less than most theatres charge for ONE, we pay most of ticket sales to the film company. It is the sales of the concession that supports the drive-in. Without the concession sales we would have to be like every other theatre and charge a much higher price, give you one movie and still not allow outside food the same as they do. Ocala Drive-in is Open 7 Nights a week. Rain or Shine. Adults $6 Children (6-12) $3 Children 5 and Under FREE

Just got an update from the Convention of States.

"
VICTORY! Moments ago, the North Carolina Judiciary 4 Committee voted in favor of the COS resolution. This is an important victory that means our legislation will move on to the Rules Committee for a vote, then on to the House floor.

It takes 34 states to call the convention, will North Carolina be sweet sixteen?
"

Ben

We brought the dogs too,only ask not to bring you own food, so they can keep the admission cost down use the snack bar,

https://ocaladrivein.info/
View attachment 58743

LOW PRICE

Adults $6 Children (6-12) $3 Children 5 and Under FREE

ALL OF OUR PRICES REFLECT A 4% DISCOUNT FOR OUR CASH PAYING GUEST.

Pay in CASH and SAVE !!!

Gates Open 6:00 PM

WE ARE OPEN BRINGING YOU AND YOUR FAMILY ONLY THE FINEST IN AFFORDABLE & SAFE FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT

%20https%3A=

By us giving you TWO Great Movies for less than most theatres charge for ONE, we pay most of ticket sales to the film company. It is the sales of the concession that supports the drive-in. Without the concession sales we would have to be like every other theatre and charge a much higher price, give you one movie and still not allow outside food the same as they do. Ocala Drive-in is Open 7 Nights a week. Rain or Shine. Adults $6 Children (6-12) $3 Children 5 and Under FREE
We have a drive in. The owners collaborated with a local church last year so Easter service could be held :)

Yesterday the voters in PA passed 2 new ammendments to the state constitution.

Limit time period the govern can declare an emergency to 2 weeks.

Gave the legislature the power to override a governors emergency proclaimation.

Take that dictator Wolf!

Ben

Yesterday the voters in PA passed 2 new ammendments to the state constitution.

Limit time period the govern can declare an emergency to 2 weeks.

Gave the legislature the power to override a governors emergency proclaimation.

Take that dictator Wolf!

Ben
Today the PA senate passed the bill to terminate the governor's emergency proclaimation.

We are free at last!

Ben

I hope it's contagious to other dictators (gov.) We have one of those that needs overridden also.
It took an amendment to the state constitution which was not simple....

Amendment wording had to pass both houses of the state congress and then repeated in the next session.

Pass in a statewide referendum

The state legislature was then able to squash the endless extension of the the emergency declaration.

But to extend the good news...

An article V convention of states movement is alive and today!

See the map here.

https://conventionofstates.com/
All that is needed is 34 state legislatures call for the convention at it can happen.

Check out that site to learn more and see where your state stands.

Think what a difference

Term limits for congress

Balanced budgets

Clarification of the commerce clause to restrict it to only inter state commerce

Could do to return the federal government to being the servant of the states as originally intended.

That would be great news!

Ben

Not much of a story but...

I applied for social security today.

Not only will that reduce how much our investments have to provide for our needs but it will also ensure The Princess is provided for when I pass.
:thumbs:

Ben

In an update email from the Convention of States project.

"
We’ve just received intel that the North Carolina legislature is extending its session into the fourth quarter to address some outstanding issues that are important to North Carolinians.

North Carolina Senators have taken notice that COS is important to their constituents due to:
  • 91,390+ petitions from NC constituents being delivered to NC Senators
  • Radio ads & interviews targeted in NC senate districts naming key Senators
  • Billboards placed in key senate districts supporting COS
  • COS activists block-walking in key senate districts
  • NC COS volunteers calling 15,000+ constituents in target districts
  • COS town halls hosted across the state with rooms filled to capacity
  • Letters to the editor placed by influential NC business leaders supporting COS
  • Endorsement of COS from former White House Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows
  • Endorsement of COS from Senate Pres. & Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson
  • COS plans to engage in the upcoming election cycle
"

Ben

Hey I woke up , a good day. I got up , a great day.
Got aches n pains but I did my best each day. Used to beat myself up for not getting enough done. Didn't help much.
Hey I'm trying. And for me. Keeping a positive attitude helps.
I know that it is easier said than done because I also struggle with that daily. I call it living on my wins. I can ponder on negative or wins. Heck I maybe can't now , but I did !
Anyhows that helps keep gremlins away for me.
So my good news, I'm going to have a great day.
Good luck all n hope you have a great day

In an update email from the Convention of States project.

We’ve just received intel that the North Carolina legislature is extending its session into the fourth quarter to address some outstanding issues that are important to North Carolinians.

North Carolina Senators have taken notice that COS is important to their constituents due to:
  • 91,390+ petitions from NC constituents being delivered to NC Senators
  • Radio ads & interviews targeted in NC senate districts naming key Senators
  • Billboards placed in key senate districts supporting COS
  • COS activists block-walking in key senate districts
  • NC COS volunteers calling 15,000+ constituents in target districts
  • COS town halls hosted across the state with rooms filled to capacity
  • Letters to the editor placed by influential NC business leaders supporting COS
  • Endorsement of COS from former White House Chief of Staff, Mark Meadows
  • Endorsement of COS from Senate Pres. & Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson
  • COS plans to engage in the upcoming election cycle
"

Ben
I love it!😍
Like you can hear them say:
"OMG that's a lot of voters! The eyes be upon us!"

About a month ago...

My eldest granddaughter who is a big girl was being subjected to the cruelty of teen age girls for her body during lunch at school. A harasser, noticing my granddaughter's belly was touching the table, was bumping the table and laughing at my granddaughters belly jiggling.

My granddaughters BFF got up and beat the hell out the harasser. The BFF was picked up by her parents after being suspended and they ...

Took her out for ice cream for doing the right thing.

Ben

PS
Some people are raising their kids right.

Latest posts

Back