NRA Reacts to Passage of H.R. 8 & 1112...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHOOTER13

SNIPER
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
2nd Extreme Gun Control Measure in 2 Days...

FAIRFAX, Va.– For the second day in a row, the anti-gun leaders in the U.S. House of Representatives passed an extreme gun control measure designed to discourage law-abiding Americans from exercising a constitutional right. Chris W. Cox, executive director of the National Rifle Association Institute for Legislative Action, released the following statement in reaction to H.R 1112, the so-called "Charleston Loophole” bill, passing the House by a vote of 228 to 198:

“The anti-gun politicians in the House of Representatives continue to employ the shameful tactic of exploiting tragedies to market gun control that won’t prevent criminals from committing murder. It’s a sham and the Charleston Loophole bill is the perfect example of their dishonesty. The assertion that a supposed 10-day delay would have prevented a crime that took place over 60 days after the initial delay is ridiculous. This legislation would not have prevented the Charleston murders, and even worse, the legislation is so poorly drafted it would put law-abiding citizens who need a firearm for self-defense at risk by trapping them in an endless loop of delays. The NRA will continue to fight for the constitutional right of law-abiding Americans to defend themselves and their families without apology.”

H.R. 8 content:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/8

H.R. 112 content:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1112

My message to Chris and the NRA in general is, "get of your asses and become a zero tolerance, NO COMPROMISE advocate", as is the GOA of which I am a member also.

I was extremely disappointed in the bump stock debacle, they wavered and compromised as did Trump. That NEVER should have been the case.

With that said, I don't own or desire to own a bump stock, especially when I can accomplish the same results with a simple rubber band...........and for much cheaper. I have no need for such a piece, but by compromising it gave the left a 'foot in the door' step to further erode the constitutionally protected rights we have. What will be next? Grips, barrel shrouds, slings, adjustable stocks etc.

I also feel the same frustration but it was probably a concession for something much bigger in the future. I’m hoping it’s national CCW

Yea...good luck with that.

Republicans had the chance...among other things... like funding and building the wall...and Ryan and McConnell blew it !!

but it was probably a concession for something much bigger in the future.

Could be, but that's my point, there should be ZERO concessions. By conceding and combining that with the verbiage from the BATFE regarding AR 15's and the bump stock, it set a precedent that could become a much larger problem in the future regarding some of my favorite 'sporting' rifles.

Latest posts

Back