• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Nursing Home

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Angie

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
I hope the nursing home is nice and more homey than cold feeling. When you feel stronger don't chase the nurses and lady residents.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
Thank all of you for your support and thoughts. The nursing home isn't too bad, got a brand new bed and wheelchair to get around in. Still very weak. Food is decent....rigatoni yesterday with salad and garlic toast. Plus they have me on high calorie/high protein drinks, and ice cream, 3000 calories a day!!

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
3000 calories a day? Ice-cream? Oooooh, that sounds way better than my diet.

VenomJockey

Ancient AH Pilot, Retired CWO W4.
Neighbor
3000 calories a day? Ice-cream? Oooooh, that sounds way better than my diet.
They have me on an ultra-high calorie protein diet. 6,000 calories a day!! Ultra-high calorie protein drinks, 500 calories/30 grams protein each. High calorie ice cream, 580 calories/18 grams protein per serving. I get 3 of each every day.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
They have me on an ultra-high calorie protein diet. 6,000 calories a day!! Ultra-high calorie protein drinks, 500 calories/30 grams protein each. High calorie ice cream, 580 calories/18 grams protein per serving. I get 3 of each every day.
Holly cow, I hope the reports of Costco selling out of TP don't affect you. :rolleyes:

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Dang dude! I gained 5 pounds just reading that post!eek.gif
Get well soon, we need you back.

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Dang dude! I gained 5 pounds just reading that post!View attachment 36355
Get well soon, we need you back.
I was thinking the same thing. If I was on that diet my A1C would be higher than my Area Code.

Venom Jockey: Wish you all the best. Hope things are getting better. Take Care.

Caribou

Time traveler
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
When my grandfather was in the nursing home he put a bowl of milk on the floor. When the nurse came through she asked why the milks on the floor. "Oh, that's for the cat." She rolled her eyes, chalked it off to Grandpa loosing it and moved on to another room. He got up, emptied most of the milk down the sink and put the bowl back where it had been. When the nurse returned she asked what happened to the milk. "The cat ate it, it was really hungry." The staff was tearing the place apart looking for that cat. :rolleyes:

dademoss

Retired Scapegoat
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
When my grandfather was in the nursing home he put a bowl of milk on the floor. When the nurse came through she asked why the milks on the floor. "Oh, that's for the cat." She rolled her eyes, chalked it off to Grandpa loosing it and moved on to another room. He got up, emptied most of the milk down the sink and put the bowl back where it had been. When the nurse returned she asked what happened to the milk. "The cat ate it, it was really hungry." The staff was tearing the place apart looking for that cat. :rolleyes:
Oh, I am so gonna do that if I can remember :)

Morgan101

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Not a Nursing Home story, but call it a similar prank. High School Senior prank they released live pigs in the school. Painted a number on their butt 1, 2, 4. For three days they looked for Pig Number 3. Greatest prank ever.

Cnsper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not a Nursing Home story, but call it a similar prank. High School Senior prank they released live pigs in the school. Painted a number on their butt 1, 2, 4. For three days they looked for Pig Number 3. Greatest prank ever.
We had a Volkswagen beetle on the roof of our high school. They could not get any prints and never could figure out how we did that. Statute of limitations is up on that right?

SheepDog

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
VJ,
You are in my thoughts daily.
Rest easy soldier, your watch is over.
We will never forget.
Thank you.

Latest posts