Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (gluten-free)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiwall

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Ingredients
1 cup gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups oatmeal or rolled oats
1 and ¾ cups bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions
In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 2-3 minutes, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Don’t over mix. Add oats and chocolate chips, and keep beating just until combined. The less you mix, the softer the cookies will be. Dough will be sticky and soft at this point, so I recommend chilling it for at least 30-60 minutes. Cover and place in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Drop rounded balls of dough onto baking sheets, about 1-1/2+" diameter. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until cookies just begin to brown at the edges and center is still soft. Place cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
I usually add coconut to help hold the cookies together(and for taste). Use raisins instead of or with the chocolate chips. Dried cranberries or dried cherries work well too.

10-23-1.JPG

Ingredients
1 cup gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups oatmeal or rolled oats
1 and ¾ cups bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions
In a small bowl, mix together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 2-3 minutes, until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat just until combined. Don’t over mix. Add oats and chocolate chips, and keep beating just until combined. The less you mix, the softer the cookies will be. Dough will be sticky and soft at this point, so I recommend chilling it for at least 30-60 minutes. Cover and place in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Drop rounded balls of dough onto baking sheets, about 1-1/2+" diameter. Bake for 13-15 minutes, until cookies just begin to brown at the edges and center is still soft. Place cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
I usually add coconut to help hold the cookies together(and for taste). Use raisins instead of or with the chocolate chips. Dried cranberries or dried cherries work well too.

View attachment 27387
Thank you. I was thinking I would like to bake some g.f banana bread for my daughter, then I saw this. She is on a cleanse, so I realize, she won't want these now. I am just trying to find ways that I can give her some comfort. But some time in the future, I can make these.

Last edited:
I think I will surprise my wife with some of my "the only real cookies" oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
She will be locked in a cookie frenzy for the next few days and I can get some work done in the shop.

Oh no, gluten is the best part! Kidding. Looks delicious. Too many carbs for me, but delicious.

I made the real thing for my wife for dessert. She has already eaten two and I am just fixing dinner in a few minutes.
I always say, if you eat dessert first you always have room.

My wife likes these and always wants me to make some. Sometimes I don't use chocolate chips and use just fruit/berries instead. I try not to make them very often because each cookie contains roughly 6000 calories:)
Like most gluten-free baked goods they tend to fall apart easy. That is why I often add coconut to them.

Latest posts

Back