OK, it's December..........

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curmudgeon

In Remembrance Jan 2024
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
So would someone care to explain why I just mowed my lawn? I can't think of a time that I ever mowed in December in the north.

Until Dec. 21, it’s still Autumn. ✅

Until Dec. 21, it’s still Autumn. ✅

Well, there is that, lol. It's been so warm here and we had a bit of rain so I had to mow.

I'm usually plowing snow by now. Not that I'm complaining ..

It’ll be here before you know it. ❄️☃️

The weather guys keep teasing us and saying the cold us coming. I'll believe it when it see it.

Mother Nature is old... like me... and we're just confused. o_O

Well... my better half just sent me the following... maybe that explains it. :rolleyes:

Exhaustipated 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be so glad when it gets cold...

Then my lovely wife will leave me alone about working in the yard,
Yep December , and we were out raking dirt and fixing up a new flower bed...sheeesh.
In tee shirts, 60+ degrees.

I actually could mow .

Jim

It's my fault
I bought that dumb bronco as a plow truck and told my mechanic I need it done before first snowfall
He drug his feet and it ain't done yet, there for, it can't snow yet

(But if I don't get it back by Tuesday, I need to pull the duster back out, because I'll be down another car for a few weeks)

Not the first time it's been warm in December.

I could mow but I won't,I might mulch leaves though in a few spots. I remember years ago going squirrel hunting in December in t-shirts but it's rare here in Indiana. They are saying next week the lows will be in the single digits and highs around 20,course you all know how accurate the weatherman is :rolleyes:

I remember years ago going squirrel hunting in December in t-shirts but it's rare here in Indiana.

Well, I'm north of ya up here in the Wolverine and it was T shirt weather today, mid 50's.

It's been cold down here in South Florida. We've seen daytime highs only in the 60's this past few days...
WINK2.gif

We were expecting a very wet winter. We’re only 40% of normal rainfall for this time of year. Yep! We’re starting to mow too

Latest posts

Back