Old recipes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img (3).jpg

Hersheys-Best-Brownies-Classic-recipe-made-with-cocoa-recipe-card-770x613.jpg

cf85cc0b778704c05f9bf654f8767747.jpg

Cranberry-banana-marmalade-recipe.jpg

5ded347f7e797d4c3b54d926f0b68479.jpg

980x.jpg

Reactions: Neb
On my old computer I had a collection of "190 War Times Recipes" and "Recipes to Win the War" this all from 1914 through 1945....
We have made a number of things from this.. The one Sweetie makes most often is the recipe for whole wheat bread called the "British National Loaf" I will have to find all this again..

522dcf7d73f52986e246765ad23e2fa5.jpg

In case you wanted bread but didn't have yeast, from My Patriot Supply.

How to Bake Unleavened Bread
Here is a recipe for unleavened bread you can make almost exclusively with items from your food storage:

Ingredients:

Directions:

1. If cooking in an oven, preheat to 375 degrees F and grease a baking sheet. If cooking over an open fire, build your fire and let the flame burn down to embers. (This can take up to two hours.) Then cook over a skillet.
  2. In a bowl, hydrate Whole Egg Powder by adding ½ cup of water. Stir until combined.
  3. In a bowl, hydrate Butter Powder by adding 1 ⅛ tablespoons water. Stir until combined.
  4. In a bowl, hydrate Powdered Whey Milk by adding ⅛ cup water. Stir until combined.
  5. In a bowl, mix flour and Iodized Salt together and shape into a mound. Create a well in the middle of the mound.
  6. Beat eggs and melted butter together; empty mixture into well in the mound of flour and salt. Mix until the texture crumbles to the touch. Little by little, pour in whey milk using your hands to mix the dough into a ball.
  7. Roll dough into a flat loaf and put it onto the baking sheet or skillet.
  8. If cooking in an oven, bake until lightly browned along the edges, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. If cooking over an open fire, let bread cook until the dough begins to bubble and the underside looks light brown in places, then flip and cook the other side.

This goes over biscuits
Campbells-tuna-crunch-casserole-retro-recipe-2-770x1013.jpg

Latest posts

Back