Old sheets

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I once used 3 old sheets and 2 boxes of rit dye to make Halloween costumes.
That year there was like NO extra funds, and the girls and I were going over to cousins house to go with her girls out Trick or Treating.

My two girls were Cinderella pink and Cinderella blue. I had the costume pattern at home already. I dyed one sheet pink and then part of it a darker pink. Did the same with the blues. Then there was a king sized sheet that we ended up dying purple.

That sewed so well. I need to use one for the doll stuff I do to relax and connect with granddaughters.

Oh the purple king sized sheet - it had two head holes cut in the near middle. My cousin's head through one side, me on the other. Here in a hillbilly straw hat - and me with a silver lame mop cap. We were a two headed monster. It was so fun, and folks liked the monster as much as the kids Cinderella costumes.

What have you made with old sheets, or new?

I just grabbed some old sheets to bring to work tomorrow. We have upcoming "Medieval Times" week with the students. They'll make capes out of the material

That will be so neat. They can flow and feel swashbuckling.

It's a fun week that we'll be doing the week before school starts. Kind of a last hoorah. We end the week with a medieval feast, about 5 courses. The kids wear their costuming that they worked on all week. Lots of knights and princesses, and of course a king and a queen. And then games and funny things from the "jester". Last month we did pirate week and had a great time. The week ended with reading a compass, looking at the map and finding the treasure.

I have used old sheets and quilt covers for making curtains, table cloths and removable journal covers as well as curtain tieback cuffs in the past. The worn out flannelette sheets I often cut up for cleaning cloths around the home and have a bag full to make double layered flannel hankies for when we are sick.

Latest posts

Back