Old TV shows

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I just can't help being a geezer.
I sit and wish sometimes that we had TV shows like we did in the old days.
Who remembers shows like
FB_IMG_1617114024072.jpg

Gosh he was fun.

Jim

Who remembers shows like
View attachment 62349
Gosh he was fun.

Jim
Just barely.

Captain Kangaroo, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best, Ed Sulivan...

One of my early memories was my mother crying and thinking "Is this all there is on TV?" watching Kennedy funeral

Ben

Yep, Sky King every Saturday morning.

Also, on Saturday morning was Roy Rogers and Hopalong Cassidy.

Here are a couple that you have to be real old to remember:
Andy's Gang (Andy Devine)
Spin and Marty

Later on during a typical Saturday was:
The Bowery Boys (East Side Kids)
The Three Stooges

Who remembers shows like
View attachment 62349
Gosh he was fun.

Jim
I remember watching Sky King, but I do not remember anything except that he flew a plane.

I also remember Lloyd Bridges diving. That must have been Sea Hunt, Backlash.

I also remember the Whirlybirds, a television show where LEO's flew a helicopter.

I bought the DVD set. It is a very enjoyable series. Many old time favorite guest stars, including Don Rickles as a crazy, angry nephew of the Indian chief..

I also bought the Get Smart DVD set, it came in a box where you have to fold open several different "doors" to access the DVDs, similar to the beginning, or end, of the show where he is walking down the hallway with all the automatic security doors.

I had the Gilligan's Island DVD set, but didn't get it when I moved out, but my son watches it occasionally so I am glad I left it there.

Green Acres is on The Roku Channel.

Does anyone remember, "The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters?"

The star of the TV series is shown below. Do your recognize him?
View attachment 62366

I do not recall watching that, and it was about the time we got electricity and our first TV, an old hand me down black and white TV in 1963/4 timeframe. It sounds like something we would have watched, but we only watched a very limited amount of TV at the time. The grandparents thought the technology would lead to the downfall of the generation and subsequently the nation. The Lawrence Welk Show, and a few sporting events and a few westerns is really all I recall watching from that time period.

If I get bored, I might pull that series up and watch a couple shows from the series. Interesting cast and show:

"Featuring Kurt Russell as Jaimie, Dan O'Herlihy as his father, "Doc" Sardius McPheeters, and Michael Witney and Charles Bronson as the wagon masters" from Wikipedia

I do not recall watching that, and it was about the time we got electricity and our first TV, an old hand me down black and white TV in 1963/4 timeframe. It sounds like something we would have watched, but we only watched a very limited amount of TV at the time. The grandparents thought the technology would lead to the downfall of the generation and subsequently the nation. The Lawrence Welk Show, and a few sporting events and a few westerns is really all I recall watching from that time period.

If I get bored, I might pull that series up and watch a couple shows from the series. Interesting cast and show:

"Featuring Kurt Russell as Jaimie, Dan O'Herlihy as his father, "Doc" Sardius McPheeters, and Michael Witney and Charles Bronson as the wagon masters" from Wikipedia
I had the granddaughters watch Captain America that included a reference to the Marvelettes. So I had them watch a video of them doing "Please Mr Postman".
l

The youngest granddaughter asked "Why was it in black and white?"

Ben

You know, we had some really good stuff back then.
Who else watched the clock as a kid so you wouldn't miss a minute of the weekly episode of:
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. ?
The_Man_from_U.N.C.L.E.jpg

Robert_Vaughn_David_McCallum_Man_from_UNCLE_1966.JPG

Edit: Recognize the kid with Solo in this episode?
497px-Kurt_Russell_Robert_Vaughn_Man_From_UNCLE_1964.JPG

How about now?
419px-Kurt_Russell_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back