One Pot Recommendations

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The high setting on my analog crock pot quit working. In stead of a new crock pot I thought I might get a One Pot. I know several members bought them…

My old analog crock has two inserts a 4Q and a 2Q. 4Q is bigger than I need day in/day out (will keep if I ever need it). I have two ricers… an old style that is great for Asian dishes. The other ricer is a multifunction… It has custom controls for different types of rice, even brown rice. It has a steamer function that is great, use it all the time… It has a slow cook function but absolutely no controls for it.

Any recommendations on a OnePot… size, type, brand?

We have a 6 quart InstaPot. It's really an incredible kitchen device. However as each month passes since we bought it, we find ourselves using the standard 6 quart slow cooker more and more and the InstaPot less and less. In fact I don't think it has come out of the cupboard since last spring. It cooks fast and produces good food, but set up and clean up is more of chore than it is with a crock pot. Plus the great benefit is their ability to cook fast, but if you're not in a hurry then it's not really much of a benefit.

I’ve looked at one pots for weeks. I could find nothing at the stores that had the functions I wanted w/size I wanted until I found this.

A Duo Nova Mini, a 3Q, perfect size for my needs. I can cook enough for a couple meals and have plenty left over for freezing.

My only dislike… Advertised 1000+ recipes etc. but ONLY to download to a smart phone. I don’t want all that crap on my phone. I went to the website… not a pdf file to be found anywhere for a computer.

Instpot.jpg

Latest posts

Back