Opinion On B-12 Shots

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hubby aka Mr. Meer has no energy and not feeling well these days.He started taking B12 vitimins last week.My firend in Ga and her spouse has been taking the hsots now for years ans she swears by them,his sister is a nuese who give them injections.
What do you think?
From what I her it taakes a couple months for vitimin tablets to start working.

If it is injected it happens fast. If you eat it it takes longer.

Here is what Healthline says about Vitamin B12 IM injections.
Here is what WebMD says.

As you can see, they're both considered safe in most cases, and is a good way to provide someone with a vitamin B12 deficiency.
It's a good thing to consider, especially if you follow a vegetarian or vegan diet.

But an IM (intramuscular) injection is a bit more painful than a subQ (under the skin) shot.
Hopefully you have someone who can give it to you safely and (reasonably) painlessly!

Thank you all for info.My friend is the only I know so wanted more opinions of it. Of course we don't have a nurse in the family who can give us the shots or know where they come from so thought I'd get more informed before we looked further into it.:Thankyou::thumbs:

If it was suggested he needed it, then by all means, do it.
My sister has to get injections of it., and she has Crohn's. It has made a difference in how she feels, for the better.
Injections make all the difference since it cannot always be absorbed by taking oral supplements for some people.

If it was suggested he needed it, then by all means, do it.
My sister has to get injections of it., and she has Crohn's. It has made a difference in how she feels, for the better.
Injections make all the difference since it cannot always be absorbed by taking oral supplements for some people.

Patch it hasn't been suggested by a dr.he hasn't seen a dr in 2 years or more. He thinks he needs them. He heard my friend talk about them and hoping it would help him.
I think alot of it is stress from boredom and being isolated so long,plus dealing with my illness since last September. Espeically my vision,he says slow down Mrs.Magoo,lol.
I told him I wanted to drive, he said noway! I can see just not as good,especailly reading.

Patch it hasn't been suggested by a dr.he hasn't seen a dr in 2 years or more. He thinks he needs them. He heard my friend talk about them and hoping it would help him.
If he hasn't seen a dr in 2 years and he is over 55, he needs to get his butt in and have a 'metabolic panel' run.
People walk around with over 300 cholesterol for decades and feel just fine until their first heart attack or stroke.
Others have diabetes for years and don't know it until they go into a coma.
The 'metabolic panel' is all about what makes the gears spin.
Energy conversion = metabolic.
I won't even start in on the importance of the PSA test, but it saved the lives of my father and son-in-law who caught their prostate cancer soon enough. Most insurance covers the test 100%.
Low energy can be the only warning sign for many preventable problems.
I threw down B12 tablets years ago whenever I knew I needed to hit the "TURBO" button.
6 cups of coffee in one pill. It works, but must be paid back eventually.
*None of this is to be construed as medical advice.

Last edited:
If he hasn't seen a dr in 2 years and he is over 55, he needs to get his butt in and have a 'metabolic panel' run.
People walk around with over 300 cholesterol for decades and feel just fine until their first heart attack or stroke.
Others have diabetes for years and don't know it until they go into a coma.
The 'metabolic panel' is all about what makes the gears spin.
Energy conversion = metabolic.
I won't even start in on the importance of the PSA test, but it saved the lives of my father and son-in-law who caught their prostate cancer soon enough.
Low energy can be the only warning sign for many preventable problems.
I threw down B12 tablets years ago whenever I knew I needed to hit the "TURBO" button.
6 cups of coffee in one pill. It works, but must be paid back eventually.
*None of this is to be construed as medical advice.

I agree and told him last year he needed to at least get some blood work done to make sure all is well with that.

I won't even start in on the importance of the PSA test, but it saved the lives of my father and son-in-law who caught their prostate cancer soon enough.
Do you want to hear that again? There ya go. Just read it again. Then show Mr.Meer. Say it out loud. Tell him; and for anybody else who needs the reminder to get yourself checked over if you haven't been to a doctor in a while, just do it.
JUST DO IT.
(I edited my post, be grateful, it was ugly).

...JUST DO IT.
(I edited my post, be grateful, it was ugly).
I wish I had seen your original post :(. There are a few things I feel strongly about, especially friends dying needlessly.
go crazy.gif

My last pit-stop in May, I asked if they were doing the PSA. It had been a year.
They said "no, it's not on the list". I told her that they WERE doing it. (people forget that WE rule!)
If you are gonna stick me, we're gonna get our nickel's worth:waiting:.
"I'll have to get the Dr to approve it". Minutes later she was putting a label on another vial.
It's just as easy to fill up 4 vials as it is 3. It cost me nothing. I passed. .66

Last edited:
... Why are they so stubborn?
waveguy.gif
I can answer that!
1. Our mantra: "If it ain't broke, don't work in it".
2. We'd rather take a baseball-bat to the head than be stuck by a needle!
(any guy that won't admit to this is a liar).
For us, if someone we're not married to sticks something into our body, it is rape, pure and simple.

You don't know if it is broken unless you have it checked, IN MANY CASES. (Diabetes, high cholesterol, to name 2, as mentioned above).
You will have a needle stuck into your arm for a long time if you do not consent to the bloodwork sooner.
Hold still and be quiet, please. I will give you the baseball bat if you like.
:waiting:

View attachment 47555I can answer that!
1. Our mantra: "If it ain't broke, don't work in it".
2. We'd rather take a baseball-bat to the head than be stuck by a needle!
(any guy that won't admit to this is a liar).
For us, if someone we're not married to sticks something into our body, it is rape, pure and simple.

SuperV,Lets call it molestation,:thumbs: but in some cases rape is also good.

You don't know if it is broken unless you have it checked, IN MANY CASES.

I was checking the kids blood sugar at the Christmas party this last year (it was far to low for what she had eaten!) . Hubby and some of his coworkers drunkenly asked me to check them hubby and 3 others were over 300. All went to the Dr and had an A1c over 7.5. All of them were to stubborn to go in for check ups and didn't know.

No subsititute for eating right, however some people need dose to over come other problems.
I have been taking B-vitimin, fish oil, Magnesium for years now.
I did not believe my DW, but 2 quarts of water daily has done wonders for me also.
That's 2 quarts of water, on top of decaff. tea & coffee.
I am on Turmeric with curcumin & activated charcoal & off my High Blood pressure meds.
Check my BP twice a day,now.

Eating right can fix most things. I have diabetes and afib. I was to the point where I could not walk 10 feet without being out of breath. Afib caused an issue with getting rid of excess water in the body and eventually there was no room for air. Spent 2 weeks in the hospital.

Fast forward over the last year, I have changed my diet totally. Never was on diabetes meds but blood sugars went from over 300 to under 100.

Was on 7 meds for my heart. I am down to two now. Heart rate is 65 to 85 now instead of 125 to 140. Not holding water like before. I had to cut out most meds myself because blood pressure kept getting too low. Woke up on my back in the driveway without knowing how I got there.

I had not been to the quack in years. I have also learned to feel what is going on. Blood sugar goes up, so does the heart rate. Funny thing is that rubbing my toes together I can tell if the blood sugar is rising. Just the way it feels.

You have to watch for stupid signs like that and pay attention to them. Your body will tell you when things are wrong but we do not recognize most of them.

Low energy could be a sign of low blood pressure. It was one of my symptoms.

Low energy could be anything. Low blood pressure, low thyroid, low vitamins or minerals, low blood sugar,heart, blood oxygen and the list can go on.

Go to the doctor.
Hubby was in excellent health and then poof, he hit 60 and it started. Prostate slightly enlarged, then acid reflux, then blood pressure( all those are controlled now with meds) and now at 65 A1C is at 6 and cholesterol is at 213. He's going to have to change his eating habits now too and he's not happy about it I can tell

Low energy could be anything. Low blood pressure, low thyroid, low vitamins or minerals, low blood sugar,heart, blood oxygen and the list can go on.

Go to the doctor.
Hubby was in excellent health and then poof, he hit 60 and it started. Prostate slightly enlarged, then acid reflux, then blood pressure( all those are controlled now with meds) and now at 65 A1C is at 6 and cholesterol is at 213. He's going to have to change his eating habits now too and he's not happy about it I can tell
Tell him go carnivore... lol

Ok , Mrs. Meer,

I read these post and as you Know I have never met a Dr. I like , even the little woman in Atlanta who you told, he needs a to be checked for prostate too. :ghostly: And she pops her glove and said don't worry I am on it.

Not into that poked and prodded thingy's.

Seems if there is a bad dr. or nurse, I will get them.:dunno:

Ok , Mrs. Meer,

I read these post and as you Know I have never met a Dr. I like , even the little woman in Atlanta who you told, he needs a to be checked for prostate too. :ghostly: And she pops her glove and said don't worry I am on it.

Not into that poked and prodded thingy's.

Seems if there is a bad dr. or nurse, I will get them.:dunno:
96a78f814de19deb468d569a39739e72.jpg
cartoon-nurses-images-44.jpg

:D I wasn't talking about Dr. Prepper. i like her. :oops:
I'm sure she would not hesitate to give you a "digital" exam
shock.gif
(for the younger people: that has nothing to do with the internet or a smartphone)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back