OPSEC with your preps

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have preached to my in-laws the need to be prepped, fil did stock a few hundred rounds of pistol ammo but when it comes to food my mil thinks it’s not needed. At any given time I would sat she has at most a weeks food before she is scraping thing for a meal. fil is in the beginning stages of parkinsons and mil worked at the hospital year back and had a bad fall and hands total knee replacment that just never healed correctly, now she is disabled and not in goods health, she will take her last breath with a cigarette in her hand and my wife is the only sibling that will be helping her as all the other siblings are worthless pos.
i will help them as much as possible but I will not help in any way the other siblings.

Opsec is all the more reason to compartmentalize the tasks around the homestead. Someone has to be security and some can be the nurturing care givers. If you as the organizer/war chief/Duke know who your people are it is up to you to keep the group safe. You need a few people who are hard cases to do the hard things. The caregivers will not change their views till it is too late.
It's amazing how much some people can infer from even a few careless words. My best way to stay in the local community is to have a cover story. I do various things but always have a eye out for interesting information and make it a point to deflect questions about myself. One of our side gigs is my wife's study of ancient megalithic structures.
Tunnel Dolmen Jennifer L. Brown.jpg

Latest posts

Back