Our 12 Yr Old Dog Just Bit Me

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
She bit my hand brought blood and kept trying to bit agai nwhen I hit her with plunger she bit and went rabid on the plunger.She has been snapping at us and showing her teeth,she is mixed Aussie shepard.
I usually just scold the crazy bitch,now she is lost it. She has skin problems and bad back been on stroids an antibiotics much of her life till last couple years. She has skin infections since spayed,Picked uop somethign at vets I guess 12 years ago. I now rinse with vinigar and sometimes salt water on hot spots.S Don't want to use chemicals on her anymore.Never did give her all the stroids doese. She is cripple from back,but also spoiled.Never had a god to bit me.

It sounds like there is more going on with your dog. Maybe she is in pain.
We have a small dog with back problems. I found a vet that is treating her with hormones and her back is much, much better. He is the only one that I have found that treats them like that. She wasn't able to get up the small stairs onto the bed and now she just bounds up them with no pain. It's not a cheap process, about $200 a month, but she is doing so well I can't stop because of the cost.

This is her,

1593104243544.png

When Crosby was in the vet hospital, dying, we would go in and see her. She was in great pain. We were warned that a normally kind dog will bite when they are in pain, when they normally had not bitten before. Our sweet girl never bit us then. Tears now. Miss that darling dog so much.

Having problems with the site not loading pictures.

Vet is not in the picture for now.Much less $200.00 payment.
BackLash right now she is in the shower stall soaking in salt water I poured over her.it helped heal a hot spot couple weeks ago,or did heal it actually.
I gave her an aspirin for her back too. She came up to me after I put her in yard for an hour 'saying she is sorry' looking atme asking for forgiveness..

This is her sister Molly.

View attachment 45310

She jumped on her sister here yesterday ,we let her in to cool off it ws so hot out and she attacked her. She thinks she rules this house.
I never had a dog act like this much less bit me. Now have two big purple spots on my hand and one open bit mark.
As if the damn pandemic and isolation for past 4 months ain't enough now we have a psyco dog to deal with. The hwole damn worl has gone nutso.

Sorry to hear how the dog is doing and all.especilly with the biting.have you tàlked with the vet about this?

Sorry to hear how the dog is doing and all.especilly with the biting.have you tàlked with the vet about this?

No he will just want to see her. she is ok now for time being anyway, vet has been closed down not sure if he is open again now. She seems better since salt bath.No scratching and walking good too. Her sister is an outside dog but its hot out and she is old too so soon as I give her a bath she is coming in too till it cools off tonight. Dogs can be a like kids some times. .

This pic was taken after he first hair trim, well I gave her a real hair cut this week. She looks like she got stuck in a chopper. It was hot and so was I so did best I could ,things really are getting ugly around here even the dog looks like crap now,lol. Amybe she got a look at herself and thats why she bit me.:D

Brings back memories of my left hand that was mauled by our dog a while back. I had to go in to urgent care, it was so bad. Never do that again. They reported the bite to animal control who took our dog and boarded him for a month, even though we had proof of his shots. Charged us $300 to board. So I said they could keep him, and they said they would after his 30 days and after I paid the $300. And my urgent care co payment. Funny thing was, they grabbed the wrong dog. We had 3 of them. They didn't listen. I was breaking up a dog fight.
Watch that hand, Meer. Make sure it doesn't get infected.

Brings back memories of my left hand that was mauled by our dog a while back. I had to go in to urgent care, it was so bad. Never do that again. They reported the bite to animal control who took our dog and boarded him for a month, even though we had proof of his shots. Charged us $300 to board. So I said they could keep him, and they said they would after his 30 days and after I paid the $300. And my urgent care co payment. Funny thing was, they grabbed the wrong dog. We had 3 of them. They didn't listen. I was breaking up a dog fight.
Watch that hand, Meer. Make sure it doesn't get infected.

Thanks Amish and I will, plus watching the dog too,her shots are all up to date and she has been acting mean for past few months,just not bit us. She did show her teeth which I scolded her,so did hubby, but now she is biting.

Maybe she hurts, or maybe is getting dementia. Do dogs get demented?

Yes she could have either problem.I've had dogs all my life and never even had one act bad towards me.But who knows. She will just get a muzzle from now on when she acts up. All our dogs live long lives one even the vet didn't belive her age till I told hi mto look at his records ,he gave her to us when she was 4 months old. She lived ro be 19. She was a large dog not huge but 75lb.s. A greyhound rescue. Best dog all around we ever had.

So far we are both ok now. Her skin is much better and not broke out. She walks a little better too. My hand healed excet for bruises. Iwashed it good with soap then put alcohol on it first thing when she bit me.

Back