Our Becky Is Gone.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I don't know how much more we canstand,this dog gave us so much joy and we just found her in the floor where she passed a couple hours ago. Hubby broke down really bad and I just thought I was going to passo ut and just screamed No!. Her sister is Molly is upset too. He is burying her now and we are so depressed. She liked to be close to us so she wastrying to get from bathroom just feet away to us when she went down. I wasin the other room and hubby yelled out Oh No Becckyd Dead. She was 13 and not healthy at all. I had just alked to her and rubbed her and she acted a little tired. But she does that st times. She likes tocbe close to us so I ask him not to put her i nthe field. But here near house.We can't help being so close toour dogs. I'm sick and he is worse he has to bury her.Her room was he bathroom.

Prayer for comfort and blessing to your family on this loss. I've loved my pets just like any other family member and I know you do too.

Becky was 13 yrs old, and with us all the time , just fell dead this morning, I never would have thought this would happen, like it did. She ate breakfast and her treat, she loves a milk bone and was fine. We let her in on her bed, in bathroom like we had been doing, because of her back, never even thinking this would happen today. I heard her fall as she must have been trying to come to us in living room. I wondered what made the noise and didn't go see. Forty five minutes later I went and she was gone, I tried to bring her back for a long time, with no luck.:(

1607984685996.png

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, Meerkat! It always sucks losing pets no matter what age. I wish they could stay healthier and live longer. Their lives seem too short. Becky was a beautiful doggy. I know from experience how much it sucks to have to bury a pet when you're so upset. I've done the crying while digging thing and it sucks. Doesn't help with respiration. Sending virtual hugs to you and Mr Meer.

Becky was 13 yrs old, and with us all the time , just fell dead this morning, I never would have thought this would happen, like it did. She ate breakfast and her treat, she loves a milk bone and was fine. We let her in on her bed, in bathroom like we had been doing, because of her back, never even thinking this would happen today. I heard her fall as she must have been trying to come to us in living room. I wondered what made the noise and didn't go see. Forty five minutes later I went and she was gone, I tried to bring her back for a long time, with no luck.:(

View attachment 55055

Comingback to this thread and seeingher picture just hit me again. She was so precious to us and will be missed so much.

So sorry to hear that. We lost Biscuit after 16 1/2 years, 6 years ago and it still bothers me at times. So I now how you feel.

Rusty we lost our old dog Alice in 2018 and I can still see her face looking at me as she was saying goodbye. She was 19. Becky our house dog because she was not well most of her life but still ran around and liked to dance with me and order both of us around. All others were yard dogs.

Back