Our daughters little peeps, chicken coop. 4-5-2021

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Meer

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
IMG_5596.JPG

She has really surprised me how good she is taking care of her peeps. I was thinking, a few times cleaning up after them she would say, that's it, had enough of this. But she's actually hanging in there with them. :)
Next she said they are building a large pen as soon as their bigger. 👍 With all the things she does for everyone and working her job, and keeping house, caring for husband and teenage son, I am impressed.😲

Last edited:
This was little Becky checking out our peeps, before she passed.:( Still miss her.

1617634781326.png

I built this pin to raise our peeps. :)

1617642452478.png

Last edited:
1617638535711.png

Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds. Raised a many chicks now and these are great layers and friendly.

1617638730832.png

Also the Black Sexlinks in this pictures are sometimes called RockReds, are a mix of Barred Rock and Rhode Island Reds, also great layers and friendly never fight like Bantams do , they follow me like dogs. You can use for meat or eggs.

1617639259107.png

The youngest grandson soon to be 16 put the coop together ,it came in a box with many parts and pieces.He did a good job.We worry about the
kid sometimes.He is hard headed and strong willed. But did I say he was a reenager.Boths parents his mom and dad was pleasantly surprised. He is long and lean,aka as lanky but he keeps growing up not outHe is 6'3" already taller than his dad.Almost as tall as other daughters son who is 6'4".They sure didn't get this from my side of the family.The kid is a foot taller than me and his mom.
Peeps are so happy now they can run and move around. Next is backyard pen at other house.

Back