Our new workshop.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This is a very slow build. We are working around many people's schedules to get it put up.

The metal building is 42'x52' and 20ish ft tall. The back part is going to be divided for storage and a walk I cooler/ animal processing room. The front is going to have a hydraulic car lift, work shop and parking for hubby's jeep. The back is going to have a 2nd floor for hubby's "man cave" along with all his work awards and junk, er... Stuff.

Attachments

• 450.jpeg
    450.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 20
nice project! Keep the pictures coming!

I cant wait to see the beans growing up over that buildings. you got jack in the bean stalk seeds on order?

all kidding aside that is super nice building..congrats to yall.

I cant wait to see the beans growing up over that buildings. you got jack in the bean stalk seeds on order?

all kidding aside that is super nice building..congrats to yall.

Thanks. No beanstalk seeds. They were sold out.😆 We bought the building last summer for half price with free shipping. Someone ordered it and then after paying for half canceled the order and forfited the money. 😱

Thanks. No beanstalk seeds. They were sold out.😆 We bought the building last summer for half price with free shipping. Someone ordered it and then after paying for half canceled the order and forfited the money. 😱

now that is a true power buy...great increase of your money for sure.

now that is a true power buy...great increase of your money for sure.

That was a great deal. We have been buying things as we find them and storing it until we have time to put it up. I have my small greenhouse up and running, the wood shed is up but waiting on tin. We still have a bigger greenhouse, barn and small cabin to build and 12 acres to fence. We have all the materials except for the cabin. The price of wood went nuts before we could buy that.

That's what we call them here. That, or round tops. We have a really big one, people used to hold church in ours. but it's really old
Same here.

There is one down the hill from my place owned by a paranoid prepper. I like him. He has ornate wrought-iron decorative bars on his windows and large concrete block surrounding his property. Indoor storage for his vehicles.

I made contact with him a few years ago just to let him him know he has like minded neighbors.

Ben

Yesterday I saw a few minutes of and Off-grid building show on tv. In Hawaii a couple were building a home inside the larger hut and built a small hut as a garage/power distribution center. Everything was solar and wind driven.

Anyway, the hut type and construction was identical to yours. I think yall will be happy with it, I know I'd love to have one.

Latest posts

Back