Our Old Faithful Can't Walk, DIY Walker

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was soooooo happy to be able to walk up porch ramp we made for them last year. Now she is on the porch and we didn't have to try to lift her.
Her heart is giving out so I make her as comfy as possible. I buy her roast and cut in strips she can chew, she loves them but hubby is jealous :eyeballs: since we can't afford to buy much meat 'organic'. He says she eats better than he does, I say she is a carnovor and he eats like he should and so does she. We do eat some meat. Just don't like the way they treat animals or the poisons they feed them.

Last edited:
She died during the night and hubby buried her this morning. She NEVER not even once whined or cried out the whole time she has been ill.
almost 12 years ago when Alice was 7 years old we got two puppies so she could teach them but only one was with her the other was a house dog because of her sisters using her for a chew toy.
Alice was the smartest and bravest dog we ever had and that is not sayign anything bad about the others it is just stating a fact.

So sorry she died, Meerkat.

I prayed that she would die so she wouldn't suffer but it is hard to know she is gone. We treated her extra special during her illness and she had a great long life. I keep thinkign about all the good times with her. These other two are sisters from a mutt litter like Alice was are about 12 years old and well minded dogs too. Also good dogs.

Give extra hugs to her other dog sister today, and it'll do you both some good.

Amish we have been doing just that. She is now on the porch with her sister and feels better being close to us. Plus they can go in or out as they please with dogie door. She was really acting up digging , not eating or drinking water and barking out for no reason.
Alice is not in our pet cemetery, she is close to the shed so hubby can talk to her. Pet cemetery has baby bullock aka Lucky, old dogs Precious, Fred and Ester a few chickens.

I am so sorry to hear your news about Alice, Meerkat. Please allow yourself to mourn her loss in your life. She was there for a reason.

I know that one of the hardest things I have had to go through in the last few years was when my daughter's first ridgeback died of cancer. I believe we will see them again when we too pass over.

:huggs:

:welcome::huggs:To all.

" This was suppose to be :Thankyou: to all " not :welcome:.
Another mental moment. :huh:

Last edited:
It is so hard to lose a dog. :huggs:
It'll be harder over the next few weeks probably too. I know it was when we lost our mixed lab. LOVED that dog so much.
I know you loved your Alice.

It is so hard to lose a dog. :huggs:
It'll be harder over the next few weeks probably too. I know it was when we lost our mixed lab. LOVED that dog so much.
I know you loved your Alice.

Thanks Patch. I still have my crying times for sure. Reading this thread is making me cry now. I'm glad she is not suffering [ as in not being able to walk around without help from us, you could tell it embarassed her' } and prayed she would go but still miss her. But she had a wonderful very long life,never sick and always happy. Only had a couple accidents that needed vet.:huggs:

It been two months now and hubby was at Alices grave today saying hello. She is missed but her buddy Molly is doing good although still misses Alice.
I read @havasu poem on Sparks thread again today and it teared me up. But in a good way so all is good.

Our Alice when she was a puppy. She was a Grey Hound rescue puppy. Part retriever so they couldn't use her, thank goodness. She grew to 75 lb.s. She had a white tip on all feet and tip of tail. Ghost face and neck.

Back