Our pig is to lean.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our extension agent just came out to check my daughters 4-H pig and said he has plenty of muscle but he needs more fat. Now I have to figure out how to add fat. Who knew show pigs were hard to make fat??

Take down to the local Democratic voter registration office and they will fatten it up or at least sigh it up for free everything it needs to get fat. One drawback, you have to take it town to vote in several places.

Take down to the local Democratic voter registration office and they will fatten it up or at least sigh it up for free everything it needs to get fat. One drawback, you have to take it town to vote in several places.

That's the wrong kind of fat darling.....

That's the wrong kind of fat darling.....

I don't know, I watch these people at protest marches, in the news and most of them seem to have found way to put on the fat. I have yet to see any malnourished folks at these protests.

I don't know, I watch these people at protest marches, in the news and most of them seem to have found way to put on the fat. I have yet to see any malnourished folks at these protests.

You don't see them winning any beauty contests either. Our boy has to look muscly AND pretty.

You don't see them winning any beauty contests either. Our boy has to look muscly AND pretty.

Okay, you win on that point, they are not going to win any beauty contests or any other contests, unless it is a free pie eating contest. Even then, if they lose, they will want a participation trophy.

What do you feed it now and how big is the pen?

We used to feed rice bran & broken to our pigs but it made them too fat. Just a thought. I don't know if 4-h pigs have to have a special diet but it's an option if you can and have a rice milk near you.

We used to feed rice bran & broken to our pigs but it made them too fat. Just a thought. I don't know if 4-h pigs have to have a special diet but it's an option if you can and have a rice milk near you.

No mills out here but I just ordered some rice bran oil to top dress his feed with.

Latest posts

Back