Parler

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Double R I signed up for the "free" Gab account. I like it so far. It has a herbal medicine section. I'm still undecided on that. If I can get a couple of sunny days to take photos I want to post some serious old school plant medicine to see what kind of reaction I get.

I do get unfiltered news there so thats a plus. I'll keep you posted on it.

Never heard of Parler, but I have checked out Minds, Gab, and a few others. They are all interesting but most of them either end up being very slow to navigate, a sound chamber where everyone just echos each other, or you start exploring and things get very dark and very dank very quickly. Plus you don't get any of the familial or friend based interactions you do with the mainstream sites, unless of course you convince all of your family and friends to join too. New social media sites start and fail almost every day. Everyone wants to be the next FB or the next Twitter and make all the $$$.

I really don't use Social Media. We were required to set up Linked In and Facebook pages for work, but I very seldom post anything or use them.

@Peanut I haven’t heard of Gab either till now. I just heard about Parler but haven’t looked into it yet. Supposedly it’s unbiased but I’ve signed up for a few alternative social media’s and they were awful. So I’m leery to sign up to “more”.
Bias?:LOL: DoubleR thats putting it mildly. Want to know if its bias or noy just let me go post about politic and if I get banned ' which I will immedianlt if not sooner' then you know its bias.
Anyone who can deal with my opinion is not bias, and so far this is the only site yet to do so.

@Sentry18 Good to know! I think I’ll probably pass on trying then. Had no idea there were so many trying to be the next FB.

I just read the other day that there ar 3.8 billion people on the planet who use social media every single day. And that there are something like 300 "popular" social media platforms. Not total platforms, just the most popular. I did a search for the top 15 and had never even heard of several of them. I only use Instagram and Pinterest, and neither on a daily basis.

https://www.dreamgrow.com/top-15-most-popular-social-networking-sites/

I am in Gab on occasion. Time don't allow for much. But I do like the news sections. I've got a couple "friends" there but don't keep up with them. Haven't been on it since before Covid got started. Kinda forgot about it.
I will go back and check it out.

Peanut I'll send you a PM later. Maybe we could hook up there? I'd like to see your plant medicine post and what kind of reply it gets. Might be very interesting.

I just read the other day that there ar 3.8 billion people on the planet who use social media every single day. And that there are something like 300 "popular" social media platforms. Not total platforms, just the most popular. I did a search for the top 15 and had never even heard of several of them. I only use Instagram and Pinterest, and neither on a daily basis.

https://www.dreamgrow.com/top-15-most-popular-social-networking-sites/

I let the kids and grandkids talk us back into getting on FB again but I only go there for a few minutes a day.I tell them if you tiem time to type on FB you have time to call.Some of them do but most want to text and I don't do texting with family .

There are a couple 'newsy' local (my town and surroundings) groups on Facebook I participate in, and a Ruger revolvers group, and 2 reloading groups. Trying to keep my brain ticking over.

Tick - tick - clunk - ching - - - tick - - tick -tick . . . yeah, like that. No sproings yet.

Latest posts

Back