• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Homesteading & Country Living and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Part of ALASKA for SALE

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
I am selling a piece that is a little under (8) Eight Acres. Nice property for retreat/survival with unlimited pure drinking water. And breathtaking VIEWS. It has electric (this is a big deal in parts of Alaska). Small community of nine or ten people, everyone minds their own business and no one else's business, unless asked. 100'ish miles to Walmart. Accessible year around (weather permitting). Heart of "The Chugach National Forest".

No building or land use restrictions.......or building codes.....unless constructing a hotel. You can do pretty much anything with this property. The adjacent same size tract is also available for sale.

Last edited:
If only you had this 20 years ago.😉

Twas on my bucket list, but too old to start that now.

Jim
Which is why I have to start selling off this land.......I am being compelled to accept that I can't live this lifestyle at my age. I have held out as long as I could.

Which is why I have to start selling off this land.......I am being compelled to accept that I can't live this lifestyle at my age. I have held out as long as I could.
At least you got to live your dream .

That was my dream also.
I hunted Bear and Moose for years in northern Manitoba and dreamed of living 200 miles away from humans.
Never made it , you did.

I love my life here , but like you , I can't take care of the farm like I want to.

But, this was my second dream😊

Good luck selling.

Jim

I'll bite.
How much?
I'll not answer that directly. But I "was" a Real Estate Broker in Alaska for 40'ish years, so I'll happily answer questions around that general subject area. Few people realize there is very little "private property" that exists in Alaska. Alaska is Government land and Private corporation land.

The classic phone call or now days internet inquire to real estate companies this time of year is tourist who flew to Alaska and rented a vehicle and drove around the few roads in Alaska. They say, "we are interested in land in a given area", they can't grasp when told, "sorry there is no land in that area".

Most potential buyers looking for "rural" or extremely rural property in Alaska, eventually quit looking. Largely because what they desire is nearly all Government Land. The people who do eventually find a property, close to their dream, are those who were willing to do the hard looking over an extended time period, and then "also" actually had money.

Last edited:
Aaah, I wish. But it's...kinda far. Different country and all and all the hassle that comes with it. I really really wish.

But best of luck with selling the land and hopefully it makes someone very happy.

I'll bite.
How much?

Now Listed for sale. Effective Today.
Two Tracts. Near "World Class" White Water Rafting (Class 3 and 4 occasionally class five White Water available)

Tract #1 approximately 7.8 acres $199,000.--
Tract #2 approximately 7,8 acres $249,900.--

Last edited:
There's 90 acres across the dirt road from me for the same price.
No tourist. Nothing world class just trees and nature.
I'd have to think long on this but not very hard.
In winter we have snow knee high to a small giant, Spring mud and all the pest.
A little bit down the road there's 5750 acres for sale.

Last edited:
Posting for public information, should anyone be aware of friends looking for available land in the Sunrise/Hope, Alaska area.

https://www.flexmls.com/link.html?1lmsycp561ht,2,1,93854

Property can be inspected/viewed by: "APPOINTMENT ONLY". Please advise any friends who might express an interest, that the resident living on this property is a retired Alaska Hunting Guide, who has had many ugly animal encounters, and is inclined to be swiftly reactive to "any" surprise movement.

Latest posts

Back