Pasta

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I was just watching a commercial (I'm spoiled, I hate live tv) but they were making pasta and had a bowl of eggs on the table. I like to make my own pasta but I was reading the thread where someone (spikedriver maybe) was talking about a friend loosing part of her flock so I started wondering.
Has anyone tried making pasta with powdered eggs instead of fresh ones? I use the powdered eggs for baking but never thought about using them for other things. I'm going to try it this fall once I'm moved but thought I'd ask if anyone else had.

I was just watching a commercial (I'm spoiled, I hate live tv) but they were making pasta and had a bowl of eggs on the table. I like to make my own pasta but I was reading the thread where someone (spikedriver maybe) was talking about a friend loosing part of her flock so I started wondering.
Has anyone tried making pasta with powdered eggs instead of fresh ones? I use the powdered eggs for baking but never thought about using them for other things. I'm going to try it this fall once I'm moved but thought I'd ask if anyone else had.

I saw a family in New Jersey 40 years ago making pasta live and in person. No way do I want to learn to do that kind of work at this point in my life. But I'm sure it will be good to know for those more adventurous than we are.:good luck::thumbs:

I saw a family in New Jersey 40 years ago making pasta live and in person. No way do I want to learn to do that kind of work at this point in my life. But I'm sure it will be good to know for those more adventurous than we are.:good luck::thumbs:
I have one of the pasta makers shown in the videos and kind of thought the same thing. My grandmothers used to make homemade noodles and then made chicken and noodles. It was wonderful.

I agree Meerkat! I used to love to make homemade bread, but that and the pasta are more work.

Never tried it, but don't see why it wouldn't work.
I have one of the pasta makers shown in the videos and kind of thought the same thing. My grandmothers used to make homemade noodles and then made chicken and noodles. It was wonderful.

I agree Meerkat! I used to love to make homemade bread, but that and the pasta are more work.

Maybe 10 years ago but not now with all the things piling up around here and the swampy forest coming in we are cutting back on hard and looking for easy. Plus I don't learn as quick as I use to.

I want a pasta maker attachment for the Kitchen Aid stand mixer. The problem would be me eating way, way to much pasta so I have resisted.
I am going to buy a sausage grinder for the Kitchen Aid.
A Navy buddies Mom came to visit and she made him go buy a pasta machine, on a Sunday morning, in a small town. It cost him a fortune but he could only find 1 and it was the old crank style. She then made pasta from scratch. She was born and raised in Italy.
She showed my wife and his wife how it was done. That woman could cook. Everything from pasta sauce to fresh pasta to bread was made from scratch with all fresh ingredients. If she had stayed around long me and my buddy would both have been to fat for the Navy.

I have the kitchen aid attachment grinder, a hand crank grinder that attaches to the counter, and an electric meat grinder. I find I use the counter attached one the most.

That's actually my favorite but the kid is usually helping me and she bought the kitchen aid one for my birthday so we use that one. It makes her happy....

I think there is an old hand crank grinder in the pumphouse. If it's still there it is really really old.
Found it. It's a Universal #2 and it has several grinding blades and several chopping blades. It's a little rusty but all the parts are there so it's usable after it's cleaned up.
There are several on Ebay. This one is $9.99 with free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-UN...294828?hash=item3b3373c22c:g:fPkAAOSwZSpdBs0g

I think there is an old hand crank grinder in the pumphouse. If it's still there it is really really old.
Found it. It's a Universal #2 and it has several grinding blades and several chopping blades. It's a little rusty but all the parts are there so it's usable after it's cleaned up.
There are several on Ebay. This one is $9.99 with free shipping.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-UN...294828?hash=item3b3373c22c:g:fPkAAOSwZSpdBs0g
You might be able to grind wheat if you have the right blade. I have no idea which blade that is though.

Hello everyone! I eat and cook only healthy food. My favorite healthy recipe - Cajun Shrimp Pasta. For this pasta we need 1 tablespoon kosher salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil,1 tablespoon butter, 1 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, 8 ounces linguine pasta, 1 pound raw shrimp deveined, peeled, tail off,2 tablespoons cajun seasoning.
This recipe and a lot of other healthy recipes I always take here https://club.cooking/recipe-category/healthy/ .
Cajun-Shrimp-Pasta-02-vertical.jpg
That looks really good I like Cajun

Latest posts

Back