Patience

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyt

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Must always be patient with kids, no matter what. It seems as I get older my patience seems to get thinner so to speak. When I was young I had lots of patience. Now it like a buzzard "patience heck, I'm going to go kill something" lol, fugitively speaking.

Must be turning into a cranky old man..

... When I was young I had lots of patience. Now it like a buzzard "patience heck, I'm going to go kill something" lol, fugitively speaking.

It's not that I have an abundance of patience, I find very little that I really care that much about.
If I can fix it, I do, If not then I have to decide if it's important enough to care to have it fixed.
If it's important I will hire a professional, if not it doesn't matter.
People are pretty much the same, but it is hard to hire a professional to fix them... what with the laws against that sort of thing. :)

It's not that I have an abundance of patience, I find very little that I really care that much about.
If I can fix it, I do, If not then I have to decide if it's important enough to care to have it fixed.
If it's important I will hire a professional, if not it doesn't matter.
People are pretty much the same, but it is hard to hire a professional to fix them... what with the laws against that sort of thing. :)
I agree.

Roofs, carpet and vinyl flooring, I will happily pay a skilled professional to do. By the time you balance the effort, learning curve, tools, techniques, and risk if one gets it wrong !!!!..

I'm more than happy to pay someone to do the deed. After all, the contractors are local.

Ben

Me too, but somehow I think we have earned it. It seems like all my life I have had to be nice and patient with people who didn't deserve it. I have earned my crankyness with age.

I can be patient with children if they are polite. If they are impolite then no patience whatsoever.

I am thankful for the patients and lessons I am given. I strive to see goodness in the world around me, the trick I have discovered is learning when the time is right to move/act and when to wait, watch, listen, and learn...... Sometimes being able to tell the difference can be difficult.

I'm generally pretty patient. I refer to it as being a bottler. I bottle it and bottle it until I burst. Mostly what gets to me is inconsideration regardless of age. Expectations for a toddler are different than those for an adult of course, but a child screaming to his/her parent in a store- no patience for child or parent. Tedious tasks, I'm usually patient.

I'm generally pretty patient. I refer to it as being a bottler. I bottle it and bottle it until I burst. Mostly what gets to me is inconsideration regardless of age. Expectations for a toddler are different than those for an adult of course, but a child screaming to his/her parent in a store- no patience for child or parent. Tedious tasks, I'm usually patient.
You must not be very old, areya?
Don't worry, as you get older, patience will gradually fade...
You will eventually join the rest of us:huggs:

@lonewolf said" I generally ignore most people as they are too stupid to bother with, the masses seem to be de-evolving and getting dumb and dumber. "

Society today makes the movie "Idiocracy" look like a documentary, Now there I go talking negatively..... I feel like we need a distraction, hey look over there, "Squirrels"

Latest posts

Back