Peanut Butter Recipes

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Bake Cookies

No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies | Brown Eyed Baker

These classic no bake cookies can be made in minutes and are the perfect after-school treat, a must for holiday cookie trays, and the best “just because” cookie.
INGREDIENTS:

• ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
  • 2 cups (397 grams) granulated sugar
  • ½ cup (120 ml) whole or 2% milk
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • Pinch of salt
  • ½ cup (135 grams) peanut butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups (267 grams) quick-cooking oats
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Add the first five ingredients (through the salt) to a 4-quart saucepan.
  2. Bring to a rapid boil and let boil for 1 minute.
  3. Remove from heat.
  4. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla extract until smooth, then stir in the oats.
  5. Using a medium cookie scoop (or 2 tablespoonfuls), drop onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
  6. Let cool until set, about 30 minutes. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) for up to 2 weeks.

A friend of ours used to make a similar dish for pot lucks. She used spaghetti noodles. The kids all loved them.

https://www.thewholesomedish.com/sesame-peanut-butter-noodles/
Sesame Peanut Butter Noodles Recipe

Sesame peanut butter noodles can be made in under 10 minutes! The sesame peanut flavor satisfies Asian take-out food cravings. And, they're so easy!

Prep Time3 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time9 mins

Course: Dinner, Entree, Lunch, Main Course
Cuisine: American, Asian
Keyword: peanut noodles, sesame noodles, sesame peanut butter noodles

Servings: 3 cups

Calories: 391kcal

Author: Amanda Finks

Ingredients
  • 6 oz. of your favorite Asian noodles like soba, rice noodles, or even ramen noodles without the flavor packet
  • 2 tbsp. pure sesame oil
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. peanut butter
  • 2 tbsp. honey
  • 2 tbsp. soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. rice vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • ½ tsp. grated fresh ginger root
  • Optional Garnish: 3 sliced green onions and 1 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
Instructions
  • Cook and drain the noodles according to the package directions.
  • In a medium bowl, add the sesame oil, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Whisk until well combined. The peanut butter should completely break down to create a smooth sauce.
  • Pour the sauce over the hot noodles. Toss to coat.
  • Optional: top each serving with 1 sliced green onion and ½ teaspoon of sesame seeds.
Notes
You could also use traditional pasta, such as fettuccini or linguini in this dish.Nutrition information is based on this dish made with soba noodles.

Peanut Butter Rice Krispy treats with Chocolate topping

Makes a 9 x 13 pan.

Ingredients:

5 cups rice krispies
1/4 cup butter
10.5 ounce bag of marshmallows
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:

Prepare the pan, either line it with parchment paper or butter it.
Measure out the rice krispies.
Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the marshmallows and stir while they melt on low heat, not allowing them to burn. When the marshmallows have melted, add the peanut butter and incorporate.
Turn off the heat and add the rice krispies, stirring until they are blended with the marshmallow mixture.
Dump into the prepared pan, preparing an even layer.
Melt the chocolate chips, either in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove. Spread over the rice krispies. Cool until the chocolate is hard.

Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookies

Mix together:
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Set aside.

Mix together:
1 cup shortening (butter)
1 cup peanut butter
Add both sugars and mix well:
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar

Add
2 eggs
Beat well.

Stir flour mixture into peanut butter mixture.
Drop dough from a teaspoon onto a baking sheet. Flatten with a fork.
Bake at 375 degrees 10 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Makes 4 or 5 dozen cookies.

I use that Grandma's PB cookie recipe alot...looks like the same recipe in the King Arthur Cookbook. That's a favorite. Amish pb is spread on a soft sugar cookie and is a staple here. Amish pb is made with peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and maple syrup
I was thinking that you make peanut butter pie? Am I right or wrong?

I use that Grandma's PB cookie recipe alot...looks like the same recipe in the King Arthur Cookbook. That's a favorite. Amish pb is spread on a soft sugar cookie and is a staple here. Amish pb is made with peanut butter, marshmallow cream, and maple syrup
I believe that the recipe is a common one. My grandmother had a recipe box and this was on a card, but my guess is that she copied it from a cookbook, jar of peanut butter or something.

Funny, I was thinking of the peanut butter cookies from grammer school the other day, even went looking for recipes on the net. I didn't find anything that wasn't complicated.

They built a new elementary, I went there for the 6th grade. The old kitchen must have had a magic cookie fairy but the ones at the new school never tasted the same.

Latest posts

Back