Peanut Butter

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PB on Vanilla Wafers....

OMG
images

Jim

My 31 Y/O daughter just went at a new jar of peanut butter with what I'll assume was the better part of a stalk/head? of celery.

It kinda appears she was looking for a prize at the bottom.

Since my wife and I prefer our PB to have a nice even surface, I just explained this, handed her the jar, and said, here, this is yours.

How do you treat your jar of PB?

My 31 Y/O daughter just went at a new jar of peanut butter with what I'll assume was the better part of a stalk/head? of celery.

It kinda appears she was looking for a prize at the bottom.

Since my wife and I prefer our PB to have a nice even surface, I just explained this, handed her the jar, and said, here, this is yours.

How do you treat your jar of PB?
I use a knife.

I kinda like to scoop the PB right out of the jar with a Triscuit or Ritz cracker. Or spread on a Town House with a knife. ( They don't hold up to the scooping too well.) But the best use of PB is on toasted whole grain health food bread. You know, the kind of bread that has all the charm of an old dirty gym shoe. PB and honey make that bread go from yuck to yum in an instant...

And for the record, I like Peter Pan or Skippy creamy.

I read about this and first thought was WTHeck ? Add a level teaspoon of PB per quart of chili when making. Not enough to taste the PB but it does add a little something.

I'm like Bubba on forest Gump is with shrimps! PB and jelly sandwiches, PB and banana sandwiches, PB and mayonnaise sandwiches, PB and bread and butter pickles sandwich, PB and saltine crackers, PB and animal crackers, PB and vanilla wafers, PB and plain Graham crackers, PB and cinnamon Graham crackers, PB in oatmeal, PB in chili(sparingly), PB on a spoon, PB cookies, PB on about any cookie(specially chocolate chip), that's not all but y'all get the point!

I'm like Bubba on forest Gump is with shrimps! PB and jelly sandwiches, PB and banana sandwiches, PB and mayonnaise sandwiches, PB and bread and butter pickles sandwich, PB and saltine crackers, PB and animal crackers, PB and vanilla wafers, PB and plain Graham crackers, PB and cinnamon Graham crackers, PB in oatmeal, PB in chili(sparingly), PB on a spoon, PB cookies, PB on about any cookie(specially chocolate chip), that's not all but y'all get the point!

I'd say you've got the peanut butter thing covered, Gumpy! :D

No homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream....
:barf:

Jim

That's only because you have never tasted my homemade Chocolate-PB ice cream. :)

Okay, but PB and chocolate sauce on vanilla ice cream.:great:

OH YEAH!

PB and Hershey's syrup. Throw it in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and pour over vanilla ice cream.

I used to make lots of no bake cookies made from oats, cocoa powder, peanut butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and butter. I haven't made them in a long while.

I make them all the time. Just made a batch over the weekend and they're almost gone.

I used to make lots of no bake cookies made from oats, cocoa powder, peanut butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, salt and butter. I haven't made them in a long while. Some of those oats in my food storage were used to make a few batches, but it was also one of the ways that I went through peanut butter.
My fiend gave me that recipe a few years ago, they are good. Hubby is the PB eater in this house though,he likes it alot.

I'm with Jim on the PB and Vanilla Wafers though, Every since he mentioned I've wanted some so I bought a box yesterday. So i'll have PB and Wafers tonight for supper.

Ok .
I'll try that PB and chocolate mixture...
Sounds like Reeses PB Cups...which I love.

But a friend of mine cranked a gallon of home made PB ice cream...

Like I said....
:barf:

Jim

I haven't made home made ice cream very often, only once or twice. If there were a tried and true recipe for pb ice cream, it would make a big difference.

I haven't made home made ice cream very often, only once or twice. If there were a tried and true recipe for pb ice cream, it would make a big difference.

Here's mine. And I make it so often I don't even have to look up the recipe.

2 c. vanilla sugar (or add a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract if you don't have V. sugar)
1/2 c. Hershey's Cocoa
1/3 c. water

Combine in a saucepan and bring that mixture to a boil. Boil at least 2 minutes. That takes the grittiness out of the sugar. Do Not skip this step.
Remove from heat and stir in about 2/3 c. of PB. Here I'm just guessing. I take a regular tablespoon and plop 3 big spoonsful in the hot mix.
Add the vanilla if it's not in the sugar.

While the Choc/PB mixture is heating up, Put 1 qt of half and half and 1 pint of heavy whipping cream in the freezer can.
Whip 4 eggs and and add them to the cream. Mix well.

Add the hot mixture and mix it very well.

Plug in the freezer or start cranking by hand if that's what you use. 20-30 minutes later, enjoy. :)

2 c. vanilla sugar (or add a tablespoon of pure vanilla extract if you don't have V. sugar)
1/2 c. Hershey's Cocoa
1/3 c. water

Combine in a saucepan and bring that mixture to a boil. Boil at least 2 minutes. That takes the grittiness out of the sugar. Do Not skip this step.
Remove from heat and stir in about 2/3 c. of PB. Here I'm just guessing. I take a regular tablespoon and plop 3 big spoonsful in the hot mix.

While the Choc/PB mixture is heating up, Put 1 qt of half and half and 1 pint of heavy whipping cream in the freezer can.

Plug in the freezer or start cranking by hand if that's what you use. 20-30 minutes later, enjoy. :)

I stole that! Can't wait.

1/2 c. Hershey's Cocoa
1/3 c. water

Thank you for this!

Since I have been doing some research for the $100 Food Challenge, I am curious about which brands people prefer and which ones you avoid? I have never found one brand that I prefer. I have never been someone who has eaten lots of peanut butter sandwiches, where the taste and maybe texture would be more important. When I did eat it, it was mostly on toast with some honey or jelly. I have used it more in cooking. I saw something that said that some pb has xylitol, which is toxic to dogs. I know some pb, most of it, has sugar in it.

Latest posts

Back