Pears

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been thinking about INDAR. It can't be organic. I wonder if there is anything that can be used that is organic?
Depends on the problem .I'm pretty sure none of the organics battle with fireblight. I use copper as a fungicide and it's very effective. I use Bonide fruit tree spray which is organic and it seems to be quite effective on bugs. Meerkat can attest to the persistence of Florida bugs I'm sure. So I keep Sevin, INDAR for the really big problems. BT for worms and cattapillers and Naturalyte for all my garden stuff. Seems to be at least mostly effective. I havent had any huge problems and the Naturalyte( Spinosad) seems to be pretty effective.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but I did stay in a Holiday Inn express this week! Lol...... seriously. I am no expert but through my reading and chatting with people who really are experts it's seems fire blight is really a bad one. Actually several of the experts on the fruit forum I use bought 8-16 Oz's. Of the INDAR from me and we're very excited to get it. Seems they had really tried everything organic they could find and nothing worked. INDAR actually doesn't work out to be horribly expensive it's just that they only sell it by at least a gallon. That's over 300 bucks and most people wouldn't use that in three lifetimes. It's used by the teaspoon.

For one slice the pears instead of halves.
And shorten the bake time slightly. Our oven seems to cook a little hotter than normal.
Add some cinnamon.
She is well known for adjusting a reciepe on stuff she tries. The pie was great, she just wants to try a little different.

Latest posts

Back