Pemmican

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
How I make pemmican Bishop's way

Two large bags of gummy bears or worms

Large bag of beef jerky

Sunflower seeds shelled or mix nuts

First shred the jerky

Next mix the jerky and nuts into the bag of gummy bears in the bag theat the gummy bears come in on a hot day put on the dash of your car trunk or van wait about a hour gummy bears will melt and jerky and nuts will sink in take them off the dash and put into the refrigerator and let it cool down the gummy bears will harder up again then you can cut up into smaller sizes or just take the blob with you

I Know gummy bears and jerky don't knock it until you try it I carried this to the field all the time in the corp it will give you energy when you nedn it.

Last edited:
Bishop your Recipe sounds interesting, but to call it Pemmican is a little much for me. There are various recipes for Pemmican and I've made a few of them, but Gummy Bears were never included in the Ingredients. In fact it would have been better to use the Fat as Gummy Bears are just Sugar and give a quick rush then a crash. With Protein and Fat you get all Day Energy with no Crash. I don't mean to be critical, just my Opinion.

Your still getting protein and fat through the jerky and nuts with out the fat sticking to the roof of your mouth.
I see your point my Friend, I'm just a Purist and like to do things the old way and Gummy Bears don't fit into the way I do things, however I am willing to adapt and overcome and if need be Gummy Bears it is.

Latest posts

Back