Perpetual stiffness in right knee

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoBookworm1957

MoBookworm1957
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have perpetual stiffness in new right knee.
What can I do to loosen it up.
I exercise, walk,ice, elevate that knee.
It seems to be stiffer than left new knee.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Exercises include squats,stretches, leg lifts, resistance bands, aerobics, yoga.
Doesn't seem to matter that knee is still stiff.

I have perpetual stiffness in new right knee.
What can I do to loosen it up.
I exercise, walk,ice, elevate that knee.
It seems to be stiffer than left new knee.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Exercises include squats,stretches, leg lifts, resistance bands, aerobics, yoga.
Doesn't seem to matter that knee is still stiff.
Don't know whats causing your knee stiffness, but PT told me when my knee went out big time to lay on back straighten out legs, push knee down into matress much as you can without pain.
Do it a few time a day.I just did it 5 days ago when my knee was starting to stiffin and about to go out again. Works great knee is fine today.

@MoBookworm1957

I got 2 new knees a year ago.
Remember.

There are days that mine get a little stiff. But , they're not painful.

I ride a recumbant bike 2-3 times a day for 10 minutes.
Walk outside 10 minutes when I can. Mostly to exercise my heart, but it keeps my knees healthy also.

I also put Theraworks on my knees when they tighten up.

Hope it gets better.

Jim

@MoBookworm1957

I got 2 new knees a year ago.
Remember.

There are days that mine get a little stiff. But , they're not painful.

I ride a recumbant bike 2-3 times a day for 10 minutes.
Walk outside 10 minutes when I can. Mostly to exercise my heart, but it keeps my knees healthy also.

I also put Theraworks on my knees when they tighten up.

Hope it gets better.

Jim
I got a recumbent bike on my wish list.
Just got other things that is bigger priority on the wish list.

Last edited:
The Princess is convinced that Tae Kwondo and kung fu helps her knee.

She was also tuaght to lay on the edge of the bed with her knees hanging over the edge and just lay there.

Trying to help.

Ben
Will try this one after Thanksgiving.
I do yoga, but haven't done Tai Chi in a while.
Haven't done Tai Chi in 2.5 years.
Better get back to it.

I got a recumbant bike on my wish list.
Just got other things that is bigger priority on the wish list.
Here is a suggestion for a recumbent bike. Put a wanted free ad on Craigslist.
I did that for my SIL when she needed a treadmill.
The ad said do you have a treadmill collecting that you use to hang clothes?
My SIL needs one to exercise because of a heart problem and she can't afford a new one.
I got 3 offers on the first day. I picked the best one and took it to her.
I have one that works perfectly sitting in my way in the garage that I would love to give away.
Mention you are a disabled Vet and I'm sure you will get several offers

Swimming in a nice heated pool would probably work. But you always end up exercising pretty much everything at once, which is good. But after a couple of hours I get really hungry, usually for hamburgers. And fries. And some more hamburgers.

Swimming in a nice heated pool would probably work. But you always end up exercising pretty much everything at once, which is good. But after a couple of hours I get really hungry, usually for hamburgers. And fries. And some more hamburgers.
Then hot tub and beer it is!

There's an herb mix I've used for pain in ligaments, tendons, skin issues. I'll spare you the details but it is in my medicine kit should I ever need it. If you want details, anyone, let me know. Pain relievers don't always work and I do not have an endless supply of them. They don't grow on trees but some of my herbs are trees.

There's an herb mix I've used for pain in ligaments, tendons, skin issues. I'll spare you the details but it is in my medicine kit should I ever need it. If you want details, anyone, let me know. Pain relievers don't always work and I do not have an endless supply of them. They don't grow on trees but some of my herbs are trees.
Please send it my way please.
I don't like how pain pills make me feel.

I was considering knee replacement till I started taking this collagen. I take one level scoop, provided in the tub, daily in my coffee. I use cream in that cup. Mom uses less and can't taste it in her coffee so she takes her coffee black. Dad saw how much it helped Mom so he started taking it. Several of my friends take it.

I was considering knee replacement till I started taking this collagen. I take one level scoop, provided in the tub, daily in my coffee. I use cream in that cup. Mom uses less and can't taste it in her coffee so she takes her coffee black. Dad saw how much it helped Mom so he started taking it. Several of my friends take it.
Thank you for the information.
Will look into it in a bit.

My cousin who is 72 really likes it too been talking it for a few years now. Told me I should be taking it plus Ginga Balboa or whatever.

Will look into it in a bit.

Don't know whats causing your knee stiffness, but PT told me when my knee went out big time to lay on back straighten out legs, push knee down into matress much as you can without pain.
Do it a few time a day.I just did it 5 days ago when my knee was starting to stiffin and about to go out again. Works great knee is fine today.

What am I the red headed step child or something. Par for the course, everbody appreciated but me.:rolleyes::(.Thats ok you only answered everyone here but me I can see how you didn't see mine since it was so long.:D

What am I the red headed step child or something. Par for the course, everbody appreciated but me.:rolleyes::(.Thats ok you only answered everyone here but me I can see how you didn't see mine since it was so long.:D
Actually I probably didn't see it.
I'm not seeing to well right now.
I'm tired and upset.
It happens.
But I shall see if I can find your post so I can read it.
And make a proper reply. Or not.
Depending on the post.

I shall try it next week.

Right knee is little sore.
I was bent over Tuesday lifting something out of pantry on bottom shelf.
When I stood up got dizzy, reached out to grab counter top.
Missed.
Fell down on both knees.
Instant sick,upchuck sick.
Took about 15 minutes to get back to my feet.
Got the mess in kitchen cleaned up finally.
Feel somewhat better today.
Right knee is still sore, but talked to surgeon, primary care about the fall.
Seems I have inner ear infection, sinus infection.
Got call from Physical Therapy, got new exercises for knees.

Latest posts

Back