Pet Peeves

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People who stand too close. Once had a man stand so close in the grocery store line that I could feel his breath on my neck. When space opened up, I moved to stand in front of my grocery cart. He decided he should come and stand right by me, in front of my grocery cart. I told him why I moved there and that I didn't need to feel his or anyone's breath on my neck because he didn't understand about personal space.

People who stand too close. Once had a man stand so close in the grocery store line that I could feel his breath on my neck. When space opened up, I moved to stand in front of my grocery cart. He decided he should come and stand right by me, in front of my grocery cart. I told him why I moved there and that I didn't need to feel his or anyone's breath on my neck because he didn't understand about personal space.
I have MANY times in my life told people to not be so close!!

Cans of nuts and bolts....Can't stand them

..Well, ya know what they say, Ben... What doesn't "kill ya"...

im_scrood-jpg.276978
🤓

..Yeah, I may have a 'few loose screws', m'self.. 🤪;)

One of Mine is when you go to do some "Small, quickie fixit-task" - like taking the 'squeek' out of a door, or Some other - What Should-be Simple - household / garage-chore / car-fix....

..and it devolves into this Freaking 'Climb Mount Everest'-project, that spirals into one thing after another 'breaking' / going wrong / Compounding (one 'fix' leads to another, etc) etc, and Next thing you know... it's SUNDAY NIGHT, and you Barely finish in time to saw sufficient wood to Not be a 'Zombie' on Monday for werk.. o_O

..Every. Freakin. Time. gaah I Am 'Charlie Brown'.. :rolleyes:

jd

im_scrood-jpg.276978
🤓

One of Mine is when you go to do some "Small, quickie fixit-task" - like taking the 'squeek' out of a door, or Some other - What Should-be Simple - household / garage-chore / car-fix....

..and it devolves into this Freaking 'Climb Mount Everest'-project, that spirals into one thing after another 'breaking' / going wrong / Compounding (one 'fix' leads to another, etc) etc, and Next thing you know... it's SUNDAY NIGHT, and you Barely finish in time to saw sufficient wood to Not be a 'Zombie' on Monday for werk.. o_O

jd

Place I used to work soldbto a new company and they decided not to keep the stock room. I worked over throwing stuff away. Some of it may have found its way to the house. I've got boxes of electronic parts and all kinds of hardware

im_scrood-jpg.276978
🤓

jd
I set up 2 4x8 sheets on saw horses and emptied all of the coffee cans in had acquired from various sources then spent about a week of vacation sorting...

First nuts from screw/bolts and other
Then nuts by size then by thread pitch

20220219_165608_HDR.jpg

Then screws from bolts then by length then by thread

20220219_165620_HDR.jpg

20220219_165642.jpg

Same for nails rivets washers hardware

20220219_165700_HDR.jpg

Resulting in a hardware store that only cost the the storage drawers.

20220219_165548_HDR.jpg

As new hardware comes into 5he shop they are sorted into plastic bags and NO coffee cans to be be merged in at a later data.

20220219_165745.jpg

No coffee cans. :thumbs:

Ben

I set up 2 4x8 sheets on saw horses and emptied all of the coffee cans in had acquired from various sources then spent about a week of vacation sorting...

First nuts from screw/bolts and other
Then nuts by size then by thread pitch

View attachment 80706

Then screws from bolts then by length then by thread

View attachment 80707

View attachment 80708

Same for nails rivets washers hardware

View attachment 80709

Resulting in a hardware store that only cost the the storage drawers.

View attachment 80710

As new hardware comes into 5he shop they are sorted into plastic bags and NO coffee cans to be be merged in at a later data.

View attachment 80711

No coffee cans. :thumbs:

Ben
Ben, my kind of small parts and pieces storage. I don't have that many pieces and that many drawers, but I do have some.

s-l1600.jpg

71COtxLge3L.jpg
😂

(..Sorry, would've preferred to use 'Are You My Brother' (or Uncle :) but.. I'm sure ya get it.. I hope... ;)

Yep, I've got a bit of 'sort-catching-up' to do, as well.. Soon as I find that dang Round Tuit! 🤓

jd
Do you have some children who can help you? This truly is the kind of thing that you can get children into helping with, for a period of time.

At one time, I began by sorting like items, no matter the size, such as wood screws, washers, nuts, nails. Then I sorted each of those.

Do you have some children who can help you? ...

:) Yess'M, that's actually a shot from my Old Old shop (two moves-ago :rolleyes: ..and I'm just clearing-out / selling-off the Last of those 'way-more-than-needed-now' cabinets, etc..) So, all those parts / screws, etc are Long-since 'organized' / in other containers, etc.. :cool:

..I was just posting-that up as a 'Touché' to Ben's awesome 'Wall of Org'.. 👍

jd

Do you have some children who can help you? This truly is the kind of thing that you can get children into helping with, for a period of time.

At one time, I began by sorting like items, no matter the size, such as wood screws, washers, nuts, nails. Then I sorted each of those.
Sorting runs my genes.

20211120_233022_HDR.jpg

Olivia was gifted a bag of charms and the 2 of us spent an evening sorting them. It was fun.

Ben

They keep coming up for me. I do not like to shop and it is because of people who are unaware of others.

Pet peeve--someone who wants something that I have in my hand or have my hand on. It just happened to me today. "Since I have my hand on it, you can choose another one. There are plenty."

s-l1600.jpg

71COtxLge3L.jpg
😂

(..Sorry, would've preferred to use 'Are You My Brother' (or Uncle :) but.. I'm sure ya get it.. I hope... ;)

Yep, I've got a bit of 'sort-catching-up' to do, as well.. Soon as I find that dang Round Tuit! 🤓

jd
It would take me a week to find what I was looking for.
I have a smaller version. I made labels so I don't have to look as long.

Nosy people! Especially people who are nosy, not because they care, but because they are gossips. I have a neighbor like this. She knows everyone's business and is happy to share it with anyone who will listen.
When my brother was little (before I was born), my parents and brother lived in a duplex with a nosy neighbor lady next door. She knew everything, listened through the wall! So my folks faked my brother's birthday and talked about invited dozens of kids over for a party. The neighbor called the landlord and told him to be over at noon on Saturday she didn't want all those kids around. The landlord came just to check, no party! He asked my parents about it, not their son's birthday. Ha ha ha, joke on the nosy neighbor!

People - that's my pet peeve 😂 I do my shopping as early as possible so usually very few people. I'm not fond of crowds anyways so staying away from them has been practiced for many years.
As far as folks being too close: we are the most distanced nation/culture. Most countries have a much closer stance or personal space. I like my space too, but try to remember it if I think the person is of another culture.

Latest posts

Back