Picked up a NV scope yestreday

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

ssonb

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I have been needing an ND scope for some time now and I finally pulled the trigger and got a Sightmark Wraith . I have not mounted it yet but I have this nice AR rifle that I know it will Be happy on top of.
From the reviews from hog and varmint hunters it will be a very functional addition. After I get to play with my new toy I will report back on what I really think .

Last edited:

BlueZ

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Nightshooting capability is critical for freedom.

ssonb

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Ok, I'm back......I have not been to the range yet with the NV yet but if you have a style rifle that has the military type rails it is simple to attach. I have an 5.56 AR that I dredged up from the bottom of a lake they are easy to find after so many have been lost from boating accidents.
The setup and initial zero is simple and the menu on the scope is easy to follow. It uses four AA batteries for the scope and two cr 123s in the IR illuminator, the instructions state that the AAs will last over four hours but it does have a micro power port and a charge pack like what is used to extend the run time with cell phones will have a constant run time of over twenty hours.
Upside....I waited until dark thirty in the morning to test out the nv performance
WOW! It puts up a very clear black and white view , I was only able to test personally out to 80yards , a neighbor's cat walked by at that range and I could tell from the stripping which cat it was( they have several).
Downside.... Weight, To be able to use this unit a bipod or shooting sticks will have to be employed, It adds two pounds to a rifle and to focus and adjust from the touch pad you use one hand and that makes it difficult to hold the rifle steady.
I have adjustable shooting stick and that made all the difference in the world, the stick would support the front of the rifle and even making changes you can easily maintain target .
P.S. A friend got one also and he said that nite in his property at 125 yards he was able to look inside a barn and see what's inside ...that's not bad.

Latest posts