Picked up the cat today

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need to change it up, you get bored with it too fast.

No getting bored around here Patch. :ghostly:. Always something to do but glad to be able to do what we can. And thank God for the ability.:great::woo hoo:

Did a little breathing exercises walked the dog the hard way, and checked out garden. Will be doing exercise in a couple hours along with ' standing or sitting ' some yoga.
I think the digging garden ditch helped my back,it is getting better every day.

Glad it helped your back, Meerkat. That's hard work.

Yes it did but yesterday I messed it up again and it wasn't doing work either it was as simple as bending over and a hard sneeze!:ghostly:.

It will be ok in a few days ,hopefully. :lil guy::Thankyou:

I'm about to do some slow dancing and breathign but putting off weights till back is better. This is nothing new with the back ,first time it happened I was just bending down to pick up laundry basket, couldn't move or stand up. I was just 32 then. So every several years it goes again.

Apparently I think I'm too busy or too tired to exercise.
I keep looking at my chart and thinking about it.
Surprised I lost weight though. It fluctuates by 3-5 lbs. I want to work on muscle tone and endurance.

Now doing recoup exercises. Hubby has Thomboid Tendonitis in his should so he can't life much now but can bend to pick up light things. Hubby exercise for now,

My lower back went out so I can't bend to pick up ANYTHING! unless I want to be body slammed like I almost was when I bent down to pet old dog.

It is all our fault for not doing more exercise to keep back strong.
I'm trying to gain some weight preferbly muscle.

My exercise for now, Plus we both do each others to our ability. Hubbys back is full of rods, nuts, bolts and screws so he can't do some workouts,also why his shoulders are going out.

Post above is what all people who can should do to keep their backs in shape so you don't hurt it to begin with.

Always see a doctor before doign any exercises.

Work some of into your weekly routine.

Also if you have herniated disk do thee not the above vedios.

I did the exercises about an hour ago and I really can walk better already! And that is not my imagination these really do work. You can't imagine paralizing pain.:ghostly:
I now stand now without walker and so hopefully it is working . Still use walker just in case though.

I keep forgetting to post here. On Friday and Saturday I did stretches and upon looking up (UP--jokes and humor thread) found that I was not doing lunges correctly. Ouch on doing things right. Really hurt felt so good. haha. Also wasn't doing something else right...forget what. Felt so much better afterwards. The weird thing was that I lost weight first then started exercising more because I really wanted to and felt like it. It has done some amazing things for me even though I only lost like 8 pounds, give or take a couple ounces.
I want to get a bike. Sorry you didn't do so well with your bike, @Meerkat

Well I sure would like a partner or 100 to keep me motivated so Patch I missed you this morning.
Did you start today or at least pick up th cat? :lil guy:
Meer, a few years ago, I wanted to be more motivated to walk, so I set up regular days to walk with women I know. It really got me going. If you don't know someone or a few people to walk with, you might find a walking group, or try to set one up.

Also, there are groups who meet for the sole purpose of walking. I think that being with others, at least for me, is great motivation. Now I walk dogs and that gets me walking.

My phone has an app that tracks steps and distance and stairs. Once I realized that, I was more motivated to walk further. My daughter's work team has a goal of 10,000 steps a day. My goal is 5,000 a day, or at least 20,000 a week.

Latest posts

Back