Pine Tar Soap

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldCootHillbilly

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Here be a small batch recipe fer pine tar soap. Pine tar soap good fer the skin specially fer folks with the psychorisis er how ever ya spell it.

Pine Tar Soap

3 lbs lard
2 1/2 C cool water
3 oz pine tar (look in the horse care section)
6 1/2 oz lye

Mix lard an pine tar till melted, cool ta 110°.

Mix lye inta water an stir well, cool ta 110°.

Mix the two tagether an take ta the trace stage. Then pour inta yer moulds an let set bout a week. Unmold, then let cure bout 4 ta 6 weeks.

DSC00962-5.jpg

Here it be in the mold. Got that silicone mold at the Goodwill store fer a buck fifty. Like the small molds fer these test batch's a soap.

Do you mean for people with psoriasis? (Sore Rye a Sis) You're being funny, like Ricky Ricardo trying to say psychiatrist.

One of my kids breaks out on his wrists with almost every kind of soap he tries to use, no matter what season. It seems like it is mostly the soaps and products that have sodium laurel or laureth sulfate in them. The black soaps are okay for while, Dr. Bronner's baby soap is okay on his skin, and Kirk's. Usually and eventually, he will have irritation and have to switch to a different soap. Soaps with glycerin are the worst.
He also has been to a dermatologist but the cream, ointment and soap he was prescribed or told to use gave him either an immediate irritation or irritation within a week. Whatever he has tried has failed eventually.
I had forgotten about pine tar soap...need to find some...

That sounds like a good beginner's soap recipe! I have all of those ingredients here at the house already. I do have a question though. I have read that anything you use to make soap with can never be used for anything else again. How true is this? I have one of those silicone muffin pans that would work great I would think, but does that mean I can never make muffins in it again? If that's the case, maybe a nice Worden box mild and just cut my bars.

Latest posts

Back