Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannyG

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This recipe sure sounds good...going to try it when cold weather gets here..

Every time I make this, I can hardly wait to dig in to this Hawaiian Oatmeal!

Hawaiian Oatmeal

Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time10 mins

Course: Breakfast
Cuisine: American
Keyword: Hawaiian Oatmeal

Calories: 348kcal
Ingredients
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/3 cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
  • Topping Ingredients:
  • 3 - 4 teaspoons light brown sugar optional
  • 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
  • 1/4 cup sweetened coconut plain or toasted
  • 2 tablespoons sliced almonds or chopped pecans
Instructions
  • Combine the oats, water, salt, nuts, and pineapple in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the oatmeal thickens. Scoop into serving bowls, sprinkle with sugar, and toppings as desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 321mg | Potassium: 405mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 53IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 86mg | Iron: 3mg

Crockpot Oatmeal
(7 servings)
1 C quick cooking oats
2 C milk
1/4 C brown sugar
1 T butter - melted
1/4 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 C finely chopped apple
1/2 C raisins and/or dates
1/2 C chopped walnuts or almonds
Grease the inside of Crockpot.
Throw all ingredients inside Crockpot
and mix well. Cover and cook on low
for 8 hours. Stir before serving.
Great served with milk.

It is so nice to get up on a cold morning and the house smells so good and this is ready to eat...I use dried apples, raisins, and pecans in this..
I use a crockpot liner since I found them.....

Last edited:
Oatmeal is one of the few things that I don't eat. It's a real gagger for me. Grits, I love. My daughter loves steel cut oats, my wife likes oatmeal OK, but my son and I will run away and starve to death before partaking. All the other ingredients in the recipes above sound great, If I could just find a substitute for the oats. Oh well, I'm the weird one. It's my problem.

Wife make refrigerator oatmeal. Mix milk and some yougurt with the oats, maybe add some fruit. mix it in a mason jar and put it in the fridge. Ready to eat next morning. The coconut and pineapple would be great in it. Maybe a little honey

I'm gonna have to try the hawaiian oatmeal. sounds really good. never thought to use pineapple. wonder what it would taste like if you used the pineapple juice instead of the water? Maybe too sweet? hummm.........
Done other fruits but not that

In my oatmeal, I put maple syrup, or honey or brown sugar, brewer's yeast, wheat bran, ginger, cinnamon, any nuts, any dried fruit, fresh fruit, any juice instead of milk, almond milk (or soy).

Latest posts

Back