Planks...can you?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the closure of my gym been working out at home. The club I'm in TeamRWB had a national competition and the local team needed help in the Finals and one of the exercises was planks. Been a long time so I added them to my home work. I'm up to 5 mins and I'll just add time I guess. Side planks are tough tho. We're not a gang we're a club.:)

I have no idea what a plank is, i clicked on the discussion because I thought someone was building something with wood.
Little trick to get the zombies
Buy a bottle of booze, pour some rat poison in the bottle. or other poison.
If the zombies are trying to enter the house, put the bottle on the table and go out the back door.
You can go back in in about an hour or so.

With the closure of my gym been working out at home. The club I'm in TeamRWB had a national competition and the local team needed help in the Finals and one of the exercises was planks. Been a long time so I added them to my home work. I'm up to 5 mins and I'll just add time I guess. Side planks are tough tho. We're not a gang we're a club.:)

Thanks for stepping up for the mission, the RWB members I have met are all great :) I'm a grayshirt with Team Rubicon :)

I have no idea what a plank is, i clicked on the discussion because I thought someone was building something with wood.
Little trick to get the zombies
Buy a bottle of booze, pour some rat poison in the bottle. or other poison.
If the zombies are trying to enter the house, put the bottle on the table and go out the back door.
You can go back in in about an hour or so.
I thought zombies only ate brains. Maybe I'm a little behind.:)

I have to admit I had to look it up to see what a plank was. I shouldn't be critical until I have tried it, so it may be as backlash says, harder than it looks. I would expect if you are doing something it would be helpful.

What do you do when Zombies are at the door? Don't open it in the first place. Having a wide load frame that throws way to much shade I don't have a problem keeping the door closed.

OK....I looked up Plank.
no wonder I do not know what it is. It is exercise. That is a word the Doctor keeps tossing my way and I toss it right back at him. 2 back fusions and another herniated disc, I DONT THINK SO
unless the doc will prescribe pain meds I opt OUT

For those that do not know what a zombie is
they are those that laugh at people who store food for emergencies
When some kind of event happens and the food runs out. They ARE the zombies, They will loot,break in, steal and kill to take from others. Did Portland give you a clue as to how the zombies will act?
It sure did to me.

Love it that we can look up videos on how-tos for exercise moves.
This is a great exercise, they say, for the core. My core is trashed. So having watched a couple of skinny moms doing planks I think I can do it too.
Oh, wait. I'm supposed to do more than one? Talk to me, people. How am I going to be able to hold the door shut against the zombies if I'm weak sauce?
I want to know: do you plank? Which one, beginners, next step up, full plank, what? I want to read about your success.
I do all the planks. I started working with a personal trainer 3 years ago, I was big. Now Ijust have big muscles. She made me do lots of planks. Side planks, full planks, shoulder tap planks. I do them all. I hated them when I started. Now I can hold one for 90 seconds. Also, if you want to build strength try wall sits. I still loathe those and can't get past 45 seconds.

I'd be interested in knowing your exercise routines, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
My daughters have gotten into good habits, wrote one down for me. Ha. Haha. Still haven't done it.
Yes, my weight went back up by 5 or 6 pounds and I don't like it, neither do my jeans. Two things happened. Had less activity with my job, then got a different job where I'm not as physical as I had been. Kind of miss that. Kept me in better shape.

Mine are more realistic

Jumping to conclusions
Flying off the handle
Dodging responsibility
Carrying things to far
Pulling my hair out
And...
Pushing my luck
And.. Bending over backwards for... 😄 😄

Was looking at planks in Lowes the other day. Wanted to build a shed. That woulda had me movin' around a bunch of planks. Got sticker shock, though, and decided to build a small high tunnel instead, twice the size, 1/3 the price. Still waiting for the kit to be delivered. I'll get a little exercise puttin' it up.

;)

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. (I'll go crawl back under my rock now.)

Was looking at planks in Lowes the other day. Wanted to build a shed. That woulda had me movin' around a bunch of planks. Got sticker shock, though, and decided to build a small high tunnel instead, twice the size, 1/3 the price. Still waiting for the kit to be delivered. I'll get a little exercise puttin' it up.

;)

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. (I'll go crawl back under my rock now.)
I'll miss you. 💋

Yoga is one of the things I can still do after my accident last year, so yeah, I can do planks. I can do it as long as I want pretty much but more than a few minutes at a times is pointless.
I miss running very much. I used to run all the time but now I can't anymore. It;s really hard for me to not be able to do the things I used to enjoy doing. I used to look forward to snow because I loved skiing, now...not so much. I can't even get my stupid foot into a ski boot without it hurting . Oh well, old age and injuries suck.
Good luck with your planks

. Oh well, old age and injuries suck.
Good luck with your planks
I did them for decades when I did my job. My body hates me now.
Don't worry, I can still get planks done today.:)

...Just have to hire a couple of Mexicans, but I could get them done ;).

Latest posts

Back