Plants with super intelligence?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie_nrs

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I just found this and am wondering if it could possibly be true. I guess it wouldn't hurt to spit on my seeds before I plant them this spring. It seems a bit far fetched, but I guess there's nothing to lose in trying it out.

1674012142743.png

From a biological perspective that doesn't make a lick of sense. Plants do their best to NOT be ate, why would a plant "change it's genetic blueprint" (not biologically plausible) to encourage someone of something eating it. I'm going to agree with @Amish Heart that this sounds pretty new agey to me as well.

And as a sidenote, if this were true, then why in the heck would our great great grandparents have not been sucking on every seed they placed in the ground. That bit of lore would surely have been passed down through a few families! "Yeah I remember your great granddad staying up all night to drool all over the wheat seeds that he had to get planted the next day!" HA!

Well wait a minute, birds and animals eat and poop out seeds and they grow!🤔🐮🐗🐇🐖🕊️ That's kinda the same deal!😉🌻🌱

I know this could go in Jokes and Humor but this is a good place for it.

A guy was shopping at his local hardware store, and he picked up a bag a birdseed. There was a little high school girl at the cash register so he thought he would have some fun. When she rang up the bird seed the guy asked, " Now how deep do I have to plant this, and how long will it take them to grow?"

The look on the girl's face was priceless.

From a biological perspective that doesn't make a lick of sense. Plants do their best to NOT be ate, why would a plant "change it's genetic blueprint" (not biologically plausible) to encourage someone of something eating it. I'm going to agree with @Amish Heart that this sounds pretty new agey to me as well.

And as a sidenote, if this were true, then why in the heck would our great great grandparents have not been sucking on every seed they placed in the ground. That bit of lore would surely have been passed down through a few families! "Yeah I remember your great granddad staying up all night to drool all over the wheat seeds that he had to get planted the next day!" HA!
I have heard a counter argument that some of food we grow would not have a chance to grow in the wild if humans didn't gather and tend to the seeds. The argument went on to say that the plants adapted to enslave humans by producing fruit desirable to humans.

But I may have read that in a book on permaculture where the author was definitely new agey.

Ben

Ha Ha. That's a good one, Supervisor. I got a look once from a vegetarian when I commented that eating bugs is eating meat, and vegetarians don't eat meat. So they should not be so quick to eat bugs. I've been given the lecture about living things having different hiarchy. Plants are at the bottom. Bugs are above that. Reminding me of the Celestine Prophecy books I read as a young adult. My mil really got into those. You'd see her in the garden with her hands over the plants, drawing special energy from them.
I saw an "intelligent" plant on the movie, "Little Shop of Horrors", and it ate people.

Ha Ha. That's a good one, Supervisor. I got a look once from a vegetarian when I commented that eating bugs is eating meat, and vegetarians don't eat meat. So they should not be so quick to eat bugs. I've been given the lecture about living things having different hiarchy. Plants are at the bottom. Bugs are above that. Reminding me of the Celestine Prophecy books I read as a young adult. My mil really got into those. You'd see her in the garden with her hands over the plants, drawing special energy from them.
I saw an "intelligent" plant on the movie, "Little Shop of Horrors", and it ate people.
Off topic

I love that movie! Everyone of those songs was great. I will put that our list to watch again soon.

Ben

Latest posts

Back