Playing the Banjo for a wild Fox

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Obviously not me personally but I thought PPL here might enjoy it.
Fox is acting a bit like a dog..

I have seen this. It is cute. Lots of other videos on You Tube where animals are attracted to live music. Must be something soothing from the sound or the pitch,

...I wonder how many animals are affected by music, like this.

..and over here in the 'Not So Cute' Category...

artworks-000474680049-227to9-t500x500.jpg
:p

jd

I've played a lot of music outdoors, a bluegrass thing, excluding the marching band.

There is a difference in the way domestic and wild critters respond to music in my experience. For a dog its a meet and greet everyone then curl up beside you kind of event. Cats might make the tour, looking for food... or hide somewhere.

Wild critters behave differently. It'd be easy to say they are just investigating which is a part of it I think. But there is more...

One summer there was a horned owl that came to visit a friend anytime there was live music. It was out here in the country. The owl was clearly wild. I saw it several times. My friend and I usually picked tuesday nights on his back deck.

The owl would stay in shadow about 25ft away. He'd still be there when we stopped and went inside. My friend said it would sometimes visit but leave after a few minutes with no music or if a bunch of pickers were over we wouldn't see the owl.

But I've seen other things also. Like deer stopping and staring far too long! walk a few feet, linger.

Anyway, I've seen it enough to convince me some critters respond.

I've played a lot of music outdoors, a bluegrass thing, excluding the marching band.

There is a difference in the way domestic and wild critters respond to music in my experience. For a dog its a meet and greet everyone then curl up beside you kind of event. Cats might make the tour, looking for food... or hide somewhere.

Wild critters behave differently. It'd be easy to say they are just investigating which is a part of it I think. But there is more...

One summer there was a horned owl that came to visit a friend anytime there was live music. It was out here in the country. The owl was clearly wild. I saw it several times. My friend and I usually picked tuesday nights on his back deck.

The owl would stay in shadow about 25ft away. He'd still be there when we stopped and went inside. My friend said it would sometimes visit but leave after a few minutes with no music or if a bunch of pickers were over we wouldn't see the owl.

But I've seen other things also. Like deer stopping and staring far too long! walk a few feet, linger.

Anyway, I've seen it enough to convince me some critters respond.
I know that cows in a field will come and listen to music. Music does soothe the soul, at least most music does.

@Rick and @Morgan101 , both of these are cute. I wonder how many animals are affected by music, like this.

You can really go down the rabbit hole watching these videos on You Tube. There must be something to it. It happens pretty frequently.

That fox responded with fear because the picker was staring at him. He would have been happy to sit and listen if he wasn't stared at.

Latest posts

Back