Please share photos of hunting trophies, yours and others!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weedygarden

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Preferably this will be photos of your trophies. I have never gone hunting, except to try to pour salt on a bird's tail. I'm sure my parents were hysterical with laughter.

This past week I have seen a few photos of deer that young men have gotten in South Dakota. One of the photos was removed but these two young men's photos were not. They are second graders, as was the other young man whose photo was deleted. Faces scribbled out to protect their privacy.

InkedGentry and his deer_LI.jpg

Last edited:
I found the photo of the other 7 year old in South Dakota who got a deer a few weeks ago. You cannot see much of the deer, and it is not a large deer, but I think it is great when a young man can be brought into the world of knowing he can hunt for his own food.

InkedGrossenberg deer_LI.jpg

https://fox8.com/news/42-points-14-year-old-kansas-girl-shoots-world-record-breaking-buck/No image, a news video.

CIMARRON, Kan. (KSNW) – A Kansas teen has broken a world record for the largest non-typical whitetail ever shot by a female.

On September 6, just one day after the opening of youth deer season, 14-year-old Paslie Werth harvested the massive buck while rifle hunting with her dad, Kurt. The record was recently certified after the mandatory 60-day drying period before the rack can be officially measured.

“On Sunday, we hadn’t seen a deer yet, and then when we went out that evening, I had no idea he’d be there and stand up 25 yards away,” said Kurt.

The 42-scoreable point buck initially tallied an unofficial gross green score of 282 6/8 inches and displayed 44 total points.

“When we got the score, it was hard to wrap [our heads] around because none of us guessed it to be that much. And it was just very surprising, and I kinda couldn’t believe it,” said Paslie. “The trail camera pictures that we got did not do it justice.”

“When we walked up to him, and we seen how big he really was that night, it was unbelievable how many points he had,” said Kurt.

The antler rack tallied a Buckmaster official gross score of 283 inches and displayed circumference measurements of over 7 1/2 inches, and after the mandatory 60-day drying period, the rack was officially measured by Boone and Crockett and pulled in a net score of 271 4/8 inches.

More...

Back