Police Reports (funny, sad, or otherwise)

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent. At least when you get shot at you know if you've been hit and you don't bring the bullet back to the family. This had to be hard to deal with.

Excellent. At least when you get shot at you know if you've been hit and you don't bring the bullet back to the family. This had to be hard to deal with.

The hardest part was convincing them to self-quarantine, which they thought was stupid. Of course they are young, single, and have no kids. I remember being invincible way back then too.

Meth head decides to steal a mini-van, take off from the S.O., and then cause a wreck on the interstate before running down the road and attempting to car jack another vehicle. Who catches and tackles the POS tweaker? Was it the 6-7 Deputy Sheriff's on scene who started the pursuit? Of course not, it was one of my guys who rolled up to assist. And to make matters worse the tweaker is running a temp and claiming to have COVID-19. So now I have another officer at home until the test comes back.

gaah

The good news is that I was out on patrol when this went down too. Only just before it happened I answered a different call.

Ugh. Lost another employee today to COVID-19 exposure, this time a dispatcher. Her husband was exposed at work (he is a Corrections Officer at the detention center) thanks to a scumbag who was arrested for domestic violence and was found in his cell the next morning running a fever and experiencing a sore throat.

Have yet to lose a single employee this month and have yet to have a single one who actually tested positive. But we have been to more domestics and more mental health calls in the last month than we normally go to in 2 months.

Have yet to lose a single employee this month and have yet to have a single one who actually tested positive. But we have been to more domestics and more mental health calls in the last month than we normally go to in 2 months.
I'm about to be a mental myself if things don't let up! But don't eorry I won't call you,lol. Don't say it Sentry still on the shallow end so far😁!

So last night there was a BLM deminstration in town. It started at a church, winded through the business district, and ended up at the front steps of the public safety building. There were perhaps 1,000 people in attendance in support of BLM, another 500 or so anti-BLM protestors, and another 300-400 onlookers who came to see the show. Plus we had the normal armed groups protecting stores and other buildings, many of them lined up in front of the structures or on the roof tops. And of course there were lots of uniformed officers out and about (plus multiple rapid response teams out of sight). For perspective, on the other side of town a church hosted a peace for America prayer event that had over 800 people attend. So these are hardly significant numbers. Of the 1,000 BLM supports I would say 300-400 were white people who wanted to prove they were not racist. People like teachers, college professors, social workers, politicians, and other professions that tend to lean heavily to the left.

I won't bore you with all the details of the operation, but needless to say we were prepared for a much larger and more aggressive crowd. There was no rioting and no looting, and I didn't get to see any tear gas canisters flying in the sky like I did last weekend. There were some instigators & agitators pulled out of the crowd, there were a few minor skirmishes between the pro and anti groups, and a couple people who thought our LEO's were hands off like they are on YouTube & CNN that ended up on the pavement. But all in all this was about as tame as we could have hoped for. The overnight reports are still rolling in but so far all I am seeing is some BLM vandalism, a few more minor skirmishes, and a couple dozen more people who ended up in detention for event related offense.

However, here is the part of this event that irked me. There were several "journalists" and "reporters" in attendance and of course the event made the local and regional news. Apparently (cough cough) there were at least 3,000+ BLM supporters who were marching for peace, love, & racial injustice, approx. 1,000 "right wing extremists" came out to cause problems, we just don't understand the plight of the colored person, the police nationwide have proven to be very violent toward minorities, we need to mute ourselves so the cries of the black people can be heard, we all need to take a good long look at how we are treating people of color, BLM is not a business or an extremist group - they are all about social harmony and justice for everyone - even white people, etc. I listened to a couple recorded radio news reports, read some blog reports, and read an article in the newspaper this morning. Everyone of them were 10% fact, 30% perspective, and 60% fictitious bull****.

Anyway I put my rapid reaction gear in my closet along with my helmet. Hopefully it stays there for a while.

Latest posts

Back