Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brutus snoozing on his pillow, NOT AI :p

1713728922877.png

I got two new clematis today. I planted them around the same trellis so when I’m full bloom there will be two different flowers.

I've never seen the ornamental varieties. The blooms are huge, striking. Do you have other ones growing? Got more pics?

I only see it growing wild here. See two species each summer, there's a 3rd one i rarely see.

They grow beside small rural roads, most often gravel. I've forgotten the name of this first one. the 2nd one is devils darning needles, shaggy looking. One is covered in dust from the road, blooms in august.

20230831_clematis_328sm.jpg20230831_clematis_402a.jpg

Dusty
Clemantis a Ddn 3)a.jpg

After a rain, it really looks like this. Odd clematis huh?
Clemantis a Ddn 7)a.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting. I didn’t know they grow wild. I’ll have more pictures of mine as they grow and bloom.

What do you know about wild wisteria. I have some volunteers that came up last year. It was the first year in our house. I gave it a trellis but it hasn’t bloomed. I wish it would.

Very interesting. I didn’t know they grow wild. I’ll have more pictures of mine as they grow and bloom.

What do you know about wild wisteria. I have some volunteers that came up last year. It was the first year in our house. I gave it a trellis but it hasn’t bloomed. I wish it would.

This is Wisteria frutescens aka American wisteria in my yard, a native wild species (first pic). It’s easy to tame into a bush. Puts out runners but its fairly easy to control.

Second pic… Wisteria sinensis aka Chinese wisteria. It is super aggressive, will kill the trees in your yard it you don’t control it. It’s a never ending battle. I don’t want it anywhere on my farm, even in the woods. Its very common on roadsides in spring.

American - Wisteria frutescens
wiz20230313_163630a.jpg

Chinese - Wisteria sinensis
Wisteria  (2).jpg

Last edited:
This is a white american variety of wisteria. I took the pic last saturday in a friends yard, not a great year for it. Its a tamed ornamental variety, doesn't grow wild.

Wisteria white.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back