Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1570918021882.jpg

Blackberry first
Peach second
Cherry third

Jim

Found a photo tonight (if posted before, please excuse)

A hay field I used to lease, in a tight corner… Two does kept playing peek-a-boo with me. Every time I got close with the hay mower they duck into the brush then pop back out again.

The amazing part was that they were out at all, actual temp, just over 100, heat index over 110. It was Hot that day… they must have been hungry!

Bunc 01 (27).jpg

View attachment 26482
Blackberry first
Peach second
Cherry third

Jim
Well, since there must be 'Cherry-Discrimination' here:rolleyes::
CherryPie.JPG

For @Sentry18, I learned a long time ago to eat what you can, while you can.
My blood-sugar is at or below normal with no meds so I will not pass up an opportunity for the above (even though I will pay dearly for the ice cream being lactose-intolerant).
I ate mountains of real spaghetti made with genuine ground beef, loved every bite. Can't do that or corndogs with mustard anymore, even though I really love 'em:(.
Pass the pie please!
I'll have a slice of each:D.

Last edited:
For @Sentry18, I learned a long time ago to eat what you can, while you can.

I eat desserts often, I just don't eat desserts with sugar, high sugar fruits, and flour. My wife makes things like flour-less chocolate lava cake, cheesecake, pumpkin pie parfaits, berry compote with fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, hot cocoa, etc. They are all homemade and they all taste just as good if not better than their far less healthy counterparts.

For my birthday she makes me blueberry cheesecake, only instead of a graham cracker crust she makes a crust out of ground pecans mixed with butter, cinnamon, and a touch of honey.

no-bake-cheesecake-bars-blueberry-topping-1.jpg

When I would visit my great aunt and great uncle as a child they would have the same exact breakfast every single morning. Fresh baked bread with liverwurst and a glass of cold but straight from the cow milk. On Sunday's my great aunt would break out the homemade jam too.

When I would visit my great aunt and great uncle as a child they would have the same exact breakfast every single morning. Fresh baked bread with liverwurst and a glass of cold but straight from the cow milk. On Sunday's my great aunt would break out the homemade jam too.

Just had to change directions....from pie to yuck.

Jim

I unplugged the receiver so I didn't have to listen to that darn beeping. :)

Yep, I have one like that and a larger one without the built in whisk (you have to shake it).

Latest posts

Back