Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "Dynamic duo" of country music (Dolly Parton)!
Jay Silverheels!
I am too slow...

Soon..
FB_IMG_1570835465073.jpg

Jim

There's gotta be straw in that wagon!

Tonto was the screen name but his real name. . . ;)

His birth name was Harold Jay Smith. A Canadian Mohawk Indian.

Jim, I was a bit younger... This fellow is in the photo also. He's gone now... First time we picked on stage together we were 9, the crowd was over 200. I was shaking!:eek:

I posted about acoustic instruments the other day... The whole family picked... I didn't have a lot of choice.

DR Gibson_v1.jpg

They are so lucky. We just got a dusting. I love snow!
Some of this snow may still be there is April. When I lived in North Dakota, I had a neighbor who never swept or shoveled all winter. The stuff that came down in the fall was still there in the spring. Her door was on the north side, so it never got any sun. If you don't have a shovel, you can sweep it at intervals as it falls. I do that at my house frequently. The snow got packed down and they had to walk in an interesting way to and from the door on that big icy patch.

Some of this snow may still be there is April. When I lived in North Dakota, I had a neighbor who never swept or shoveled all winter. The stuff that came down in the fall was still there in the spring. Her door was on the north side, so it never got any sun. If you don't have a shovel, you can sweep it at intervals as it falls. I do that at my house frequently.

We are leaf blower people. Just pull start it and blow the light snow off the cars then the concrete. Which is still technically snow blowing.

Know who this is ?
View attachment 26562

Jim

Just a local girl. I'm not a big fan of her singing but she has done some wonderful things for the area. She has the largest amusment park in the area that grows every year and adds new stuff. One of the largest employers in her county. On top of that is her reading program that folks can sign their kids up for. I don't know all the details, but the kids get free books regularly. She seems to be a good person over all. Folks around here love her.

Just a local girl. I'm not a big fan of her singing but she has done some wonderful things for the area. She has the largest amusment park in the area that grows every year and adds new stuff. One of the largest employers in her county. On top of that is her reading program that folks can sign their kids up for. I don't know all the details, but the kids get free books regularly. She seems to be a good person over all. Folks around here love her.
My daughter is a huge fan of hers and has seen her at Red Rocks Amphitheater. She said she puts on the best show. Daughter goes to lots of music shows.

@Bacpacker Tell everyone where this church is located. :)

View attachment 26590

That picture is taken from Rich Mountain Road above the Cades Cove Loop in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I've sat at the exact spot and either just spent quite time looking around, or taking pictures. I took some from that spot a couple years back when the wife and I took a day off work and headed for the hills. There was plenty of Hoar Frost in the trees in the higher elevations and at that spot and higher even a little snow. I think it was in October. I'll try to find the pics, but I think they were on my now dead laptop that I haven't recovered yet. That spot is truly a magical place to view the valley below.

That picture is taken from Rich Mountain Road above the Cades Cove Loop in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. .

I knew you'd recognize it! It was in a bunch of pc desktop photos I got from the park service at least 20 years ago!

I've been to Cades Cove but it's been nearly 40 years ago.

Last edited:
Courting after Church!

View attachment 26571

And look what it led too…

View attachment 26572

I’m in that photo… guess?

A clue… the hayfield behind my grandparents courting is the same one I posted yesterday with the 2 deer. (It was a cotton field way back then)
Are you the boy in the front row?
That is a lot of children! Of course I don't have to tell you or anyone that. Any twins or triplets in the family? Your mother probably had at least one child in diapers for at least 18 years.

My mother had a 3 year old, a 2 year old, a 1 year old and a newborn.

SheepD Sentry is still young, its unusual he even knew the screen name.

Sentry was joking because the only role I remember him in was as Lone Ranger's sidekick. Most movie and TV "Indians" were Italians. You could tell he was an actual "Indian".

Are you the boy in the front row?
That is a lot of children! Of course I don't have to tell you or anyone that.

@Amish Heart I'm the little boy on the back row left... 9 of those folks are aunts and uncles... My family is huge! I've posted before my 4 grandparents and their siblings totaled over 70 children. I can't keep up with how I'm related to who! o_O And it gets more difficult each year.

Yes @Weedygarden There were a boat load of twins and triplets in my huge family... At least they were given similar names.

@Amish Heart I'm the little boy on the back row left... 9 of those folks are aunts and uncles... My family is huge! I've posted before my 4 grandparents and their siblings totaled over 70 children. I can't keep up with how I'm related to who! o_O And it gets more difficult each year.

Yes @Weedygarden There were a boat load of twins and triplets in my huge family... At least they were given similar names.
I was thinking the photo was you and your siblings. Thank goodness they are not. I was just thinking how hard your mother must have had to work with that many children.

Latest posts

Back