Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since there must be 'Cherry-Discrimination' here:rolleyes::
View attachment 26507
For @Sentry18, I learned a long time ago to eat what you can, while you can.
My blood-sugar is at or below normal with no meds so I will not pass up an opportunity for the above (even though I will pay dearly for the ice cream being lactose-intolerant).
I ate mountains of real spaghetti made with genuine ground beef, loved every bite. Can't do that or corndogs with mustard anymore, even though I really love 'em:(.
Pass the pie please!
I'll have a slice of each:D.
That is my favorite pie right there, but I only eat it once or twice a year now if even then. Nowadays, I am not real fond of pie crust. I make and eat few desserts these days, and am like a kid now, eat the filling and not the crust. Back when I used to make more pies with homemade crusts, I would love a piece of pie for breakfast.

@Weedygarden True story, my mom and grandmother were standing side by side during a song at church... My mom whispers "I think I may be pregnant again". My grandmother whispers back "I think I may be too!". Both had sons born 3 days apart.

I was thinking the older girls in the back row were the aunts. Maybe some of the babies were aunts and uncles?

It's Dolly. And I can't remember Tonto's real name, but he was not Native American at all which is rather comical from today's point of view. Also have used both a sifter and an out house many a time. Great photos.
There was another whole page!
So was he actually Native- was I lied to all those years???

Last edited:
Half way done with the bathroom.

View attachment 26512
Nice floor, Terri9630. Lots of steps in doing a ceramic tile floor and lots of measuring and calculating.

Will the toilet come out before the tile is finished and reset afterwards? I took my toilet out when I was doing ceramic tile in my bathroom, and then put it back in after I was finished with all of the steps. I had zero help. Did the toilet all by myself. I would have done all of the tile myself, but the tile saw was beyond my ability to lift to set up. I always rented them when I was doing a tile project. They are heavy and awkward to move around. If I was to ever do a tile project again, I would hire someone to just set up the saw. All the rest is no problem.

FB_IMG_1570754337239.jpg

Jim

I eat desserts often, I just don't eat desserts with sugar, high sugar fruits, and flour. My wife makes things like flour-less chocolate lava cake, cheesecake, pumpkin pie parfaits, berry compote with fresh whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, hot cocoa, etc. They are all homemade and they all taste just as good if not better than their far less healthy counterparts.

For my birthday she makes me blueberry cheesecake, only instead of a graham cracker crust she makes a crust out of ground pecans mixed with butter, cinnamon, and a touch of honey.

View attachment 26517
Recipes??!

Nice floor, Terri9630. Lots of steps in doing a ceramic tile floor and lots of measuring and calculating.

Will the toilet come out before the tile is finished and reset afterwards? I took my toilet out when I was doing ceramic tile in my bathroom, and then put it back in after I was finished with all of the steps. I had zero help. Did the toilet all by myself. I would have done all of the tile myself, but the tile saw was beyond my ability to lift to set up. I always rented them when I was doing a tile project. They are heavy and awkward to move around. If I was to ever do a tile project again, I would hire someone to just set up the saw. All the rest is no problem.

The toilet is waiting for the very last minute to be removed. The only hard part is the working on your knees.

@Weedygarden True story, my mom and grandmother were standing side by side during a song at church... My mom whispers "I think I may be pregnant again". My grandmother whispers back "I think I may be too!". Both had sons born 3 days apart.
It could be worse.
My brother's oldest son is 47.
He has a sister that just turned 4.

Lesson: Don't count the old man out:eek:.

Left to right, top: Next oldest son, My brother/their dad, oldest son. (their mom died)
PatsKids.JPG

............Bottom: Youngest son, youngest daughter.
And that's just one of our fractured branches on the family tree:rolleyes:.

It could be worse.
My brother's oldest son is 47.
He has a sister that just turned 4.

Lesson: Don't count the old man out:eek:.

Left to right, top: Next oldest son, My brother/their dad, oldest son. (their mom died)
View attachment 26614
............Bottom: Youngest son, youngest daughter.
And that's just one of our fractured branches on the family tree:rolleyes:.
In education, there is the realization that older fathers often produce children that are odd. It might be a high IQ. It might be autism. It might be a quirky kid. I have had students whose mothers, second wives, had step children who were older than they were. The world can be an interesting place.

In education, there is the realization that older fathers often produce children that are odd. It might be a high IQ. It might be autism. It might be a quirky kid. I have had students whose mothers, second wives, had step children who were older than they were. The world can be an interesting place.
Correct in every case.
Picture a grown woman holding her daughter and rocking her infant aunt in a crib.
It can be a little confusing:rolleyes:.

Correct in every case.
Picture a grown woman holding her daughter and rocking her infant aunt in a crib.
It can be a little confusing:rolleyes:.
The little girl in the picture is aunt to several people older than she is. At least 2 in their 30's that I know of offhand.

Last edited:
@phideaux we are currently using our outhouse as we are in drought and saving water here where we can.

Here it is in all it's glory -

View attachment 26622
That is probably the nicest outhouse I have ever seen. Is there a heater in there? Of course that could make it smell more.

We had an outhouse when I was really young and my grandparents never had running water on the ranch, so they also had an outhouse as well. Grandparents place was full of snakes, rattlers, so we always used caution there. That was why we never went out at night. We used a chamber pot with a lid and that got emptied by the light of day.

When I was a kid I had a great uncle with a 2-seater outhouse. He was so proud of that thing.

He always complained about using up all the pages of the old Sears&Roebuck catalog to soon because of it. He had to break out the corncobs until the new issue came out in the spring and no one liked that. :(

Latest posts

Back