Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
089fb7eeeebf9b4256770bc4974a9390.jpg

Jim

@Supervisor42 Have you ever heard the song "I'm my own grampa?"
Actually I have. It's not that far-fetched if you start trying to figure out our family tree:rolleyes:.
@Sewingcreations15 : How do you guys shovel that thing out? Looks pretty low to ground level. Most I've seen had at least a couple steps.

Find the newborn calf!

Forget about anything behind the cow. Somewhere between the cow and the camera a new born calf is hidden. I walked by the calf 4 times looking for it. The last time I almost stepped on the little guy.

For all you preppers out there… This is how well a cow can hide her new born calf…

Puzzle Cow.jpg

Find the newborn calf! Somewhere between the cow and the camera a new born calf is hidden.
I think the calf is way too close to the coiled-up python snake:eek::
CowPic1.JPG

If you look at a picture long enough, you can see anything:D.

Correct in every case.
Picture a grown woman holding her daughter and rocking her infant aunt in a crib.
It can be a little confusing:rolleyes:.

I had 2 boys, uncle/nephew on my bus a few years ago. The oldest was 18, younger was 9. One afternoon I was getting after the 18yr old and the 9yr old came up and asked what his nephew had done and asked if he needed to have a word with his mother. He was very serious and I about died laughing!

Use the white one last... refresh my memory, it's been a few years.
You use a red one first then the white one second to see if you need to use the other red one.

I have more than 30 years’ experience searching for newborn calves… It’s almost never easy.

The calf was to the right and a little behind that skinny little tree. The last time I walked by there I looked down and my shoe was about 3 inches from him.

He was tired from his nap so we gave him a ride back to the barn.

Puzzle Cow CALF.jpg

Twins 03_v1.jpg

In 40 years, we NEVER had a set of twins born here on the farm… Then in one winter we had 5 or 6 pairs born. I don’t think I ever posted this pic.

Twins_v1.jpg

Edit... Just realized the calf in the truck is one of the twins... not the single calf I found that day....

It's okay... They all gets rides back to the barn...;)

Last edited:
@phideaux it is indeed a nice outhouse and the door and trim are now mist green in colour and only the 1 hole.

@Sentry18 we are thinking of installing a container and shelf with water and soap there too on the outside wall.

@Supervisor42 here in Australia we do things differently. The hole underneath the outhouse is humungous and would take 20 years to fill it. When outhouses get full here they dig another hole and move the outhouse and plant a fruit tree :) where the old hole was .

@Weedygarden no heater in the outhouse.

@Supervisor42 here in Australia we do things differently. The hole underneath the outhouse is humungous and would take 20 years to fill it. When outhouses get full here they dig another hole and move the outhouse and plant a fruit tree :) where the old hole was .
That's brilliant!:thumbs:
Wish we hada thought that up.
Shoveling one out is no fun:(.

We use the dig a new hole method. We were traveling off the beaten track in China one year and stopped at a road side crapper. It was a board across 2 buckets on the edge of the road over hanging a rice paddy. Normally, the farmers below would not have paid the slightest attention, but the moons were uncharacteristically bright that day. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Latest posts

Back