Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoops! I lied. I didn’t shred all the paper work from ’87 to ’02. I found a whole box that covered 3 years. I actually slowed down shredding this box. It covered a very interesting time in my life, a lot of changes in a very short period of time. I was transferred 2500 miles to another state but ended up working in europe. I was reading a lot of the records, bills, then…

The really twisted part… I found a booklet in the box, a passbook savings account booklet that I have absolutely no memory of. I don’t remember opening the account or closing it. There were two cash deposits in the book separated by a few months. Then… the next year a receipt with an account balance. That was the same year I was transferred across the country then ended up working in europe.

The really, really twisted part… I checked the internet tonight… the bank only has 3 offices, two in Manhattan NY and one in Yonkers NY. All 3 branches are around 400 miles from where I lived in that state. Not only do I not remember the account I have absolutely no memory of driving to New York City to open it. Maybe my name is really Jason Bourne! :rolleyes:

Jokes aside… I don’t remember this account at all. This is going to bug me to no end until I figure it out. o_O

Edit.. I forgot to post the photo... Never know what you'll find in old boxes....

pbsa (2).jpg

Last edited:
Whoops! I lied. I didn’t shred all the paper work from ’87 to ’02. I found a whole box that covered 3 years. I actually slowed down shredding this box. It covered a very interesting time in my life, a lot of changes in a very short period of time. I was transferred 2500 miles to another state but ended up working in europe. I was reading a lot of the records, bills, then…

The really twisted part… I found a booklet in the box, a passbook savings account booklet that I have absolutely no memory of. I don’t remember opening the account or closing it. There were two cash deposits in the book separated by a few months. Then… the next year a recipe with an account balance. That was the same year I was transferred across the country then ended up working in europe.

The really, really twisted part… I checked the internet tonight… the bank only has 3 offices, two in Manhattan NY and one in Yonkers NY. All 3 branches are around 400 miles from where I lived in that state. Not only do I not remember the account I have absolutely no memory of driving to New York City to open it. Maybe my name is really Jason Bourne! :rolleyes:

Jokes aside… I don’t remember this account at all. This is going to bug me to no end until I figure it out. o_O

Probably a secret account of a rich uncle that died and left you millions..
I m sure he even mentioned me somewhere in the inheritance part....:ghostly:

Jim

One of my bikes won a spot in The Cave Bike calendar this year. When my wife found out there would be another woman modeling with my bike she added herself to the race for model position. She got the votes and beat out all the 20 year olds. I couldn’t believe she would actually put herself in that sort of position. She’s the quiet antisocial type but she didn’t want another woman on HER bike! We are April in the calendar this year. We just got the calendars and I think it was very good for her. View attachment 30766View attachment 30767View attachment 30768View attachment 30769

I am gonna tell your I think April is the best looking month on that calendar. Congrats to you both! :)

The really twisted part… I found a booklet in the box, a passbook savings account booklet that I have absolutely no memory of. I don’t remember opening the account or closing it. There were two cash deposits in the book separated by a few months. Then… the next year a receipt with an account balance. That was the same year I was transferred across the country then ended up working in europe.

Edit.. I forgot to post the photo... Never know what you'll find in old boxes....

View attachment 30775
You may have money in there. You can check for missing money here.
https://www.usa.gov/unclaimed-money

Latest posts

Back