Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jhcsnjicifd.PNG

I wonder if she just bought it and on her way home or she brought it from home? Decoy! It's a decoy! "Someone" runs up and grabs it from her to step away and taut her with it! She pulls her 6" Colt Python from her purse and gives that "someone" a "Meet Jesus" moment. Love it.

Don't mess with older folks...at their age life imprisonment just isn't that much of a deterrent.

Good one LazyL.

Spent the weekend at a state park camp site (cabin camping).

Timing was perfect. Great weather, great "off season" rates, and just found out our governor just shut down all overnight park use effective tomorrow.

Me enjoying the sunrise on the lake.

IMG_20200322_0832151.jpg

Trying my hand at whittling a spoon from a stick

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200321105145474_COVER1.jpg

Kicking up my feet at the camp fire

IMG_20200320_2014501.jpg

Looks like a good time Sparky. How did the spoon turn out?

Let's just say if you plan to use a hot coal from the fire to burn the bowl of the spoon, don't carve the shape or bottom of the spoon first.

I ended up burning off part of the side of the spoon.
facepalm2.gif

Might be able to save it. I'll have to see later this week if it can be saved...

Let's just say if you plan to use a hot coal from the fire to burn the bowl of the spoon, don't carve the shape or bottom of the spoon first.

I ended up burning off part of the side of the spoon. View attachment 37795

Might be able to save it. I'll have to see later this week if it can be saved...

Whoops. I'm thinking I need to try that sometime.

@zoomzoom as much as I despised learning botanical or latin names of plants in the beginning its the ONLY way two people can know if they are talking about the same plant. People find it annoying if they ask me about a plant using their "local" name and I insist on knowing the botanical name of the plant they are referring to. I do it because it's the only way I can correctly answer a question they might have.

Example... I know of a half dozen plants locally that are called hog weed or pig weed. What you call hog weed may be totally different than the ones I know. If you used the latin name I would then know exactly which plant you are talking about.

Forgive me if I sound preachy on this topic but water hemlock is deadly. There is NO room for error.
For some reason this made me think of an older SNL skit. I can't remember who was in it but I *think* it had Steve Martin. It's been a long time, but I vaguely recall the line being something like "No one ever told me 'Socrates, Hemlock is poison!"
I did not take this photo, but it's a classic of the original movie Magnificent Seven.
View attachment 37771
I don't remember if I ever saw that movie, but they did a short-lived TV series of it back in the 90s. I got to chat with some of the actors from it online once. One of them was a dick but Laurie Holden was nice.

These are pics of my father in Egypt back in 2002. It was his dream to go to Egypt & he got to go for work-- he was working asylum cases his last year in INS.

Attachments

• Pyramids Of Giza 2002 03.jpg
    Pyramids Of Giza 2002 03.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 105
  • Sphinx 2002 04.jpg
    Sphinx 2002 04.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 106
@zannej If that camel was mean as a snake, would bite and spit on people, then I rode the same one! 😁 (or its brother) I'd rather have ridden the donkey!

Sort of funny... when my buddy rode it and returned the camel guy wanted another $2 to make the camel lay down so my buddy could get off... We were yelling... "just slide off, it's sand" He paid the $2, he never did live that down! A bunch of us from the ship were there (Navy)

The pyramids are an incredible thing to see... glad I had the chance.
Giza 2 (2)_v1.jpg

Last edited:
I love seeing pics of the pyramids. My dad said his camel was well-behaved. He liked the tour guide (she sometimes appears on TV in programs about Egypt). He had an interest in geology so he gave her info about the types of stones used & where they were from, etc. He said she seemed to find it interesting. He was someone who loved to learn about all sorts of different things and share that info with others. Thinking about him a lot today bc it's the 11th anniversary of his death. It doesn't feel that long though.

Better for you guys right now though.
Yes, I know it is.
I only have half a heart.
Ejection fraction 20%.
Congestive heart failure.
Wife has had RA since she was 25, now on a biologic drug , her immune system is nearly non existent.

It would , most likely , be a death sentence for us.

Why we are self isolating.

Jim

Latest posts

Back