Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FB_IMG_1585083324977.jpg

That's creative

Jim

Yes, I know it is.
I only have half a heart.
Ejection fraction 20%.
Congestive heart failure.
Wife has had RA since she was 25, now on a biologic drug , her immune system is nearly non existent.

It would , most likely , be a death sentence for us.

Why we are self isolating.

Jim

Dang Jim, I didn't know all this. My prayers are with you guys now and forever. Stay safe.

That is a lot of years work. I've saw a tree that fell over in between 2 other trees very close together. They are jammed 20-30' off the ground. THe 2 supporting trees started growing around the fallen tree just like the rail, they just hadn't got that far yet.

Help! My home is being over run with June bugs! And it isn't even June!

I counted 53 on my porch tonight (forgive the project). They are getting into my house, they are everywhere! A royal pain is what they are! They are about 1/2 inch long and almost as fat as a sharpie marker. The last pic is a stock photo of what I think I have.

IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG
june bug.jpg

Help! My home is being over run with June bugs! And it isn't even June!

I counted 53 on my porch tonight (forgive the project). They are getting into my house, they are everywhere! A royal pain is what they are! They are about 1/2 inch long and almost as fat as a sharpie marker. The last pic is a stock photo of what I think I have.

View attachment 38218View attachment 38219View attachment 38220
Those aren't June bugs. June bugs are green/blue.
We got tons of those down here. Always called them "street-light' beetles because they would swarm the street light at night and the ground would be covered with them the next day after they went blind and became 'walkers'.
They don't last very long and don't eat anything.

@Supervisor42 That's what I used to think also... I saw a few of these bugs last year and learned "June Bug" is a blanket term for a whole family of beetles. Depending on where you live in the country...

This is what I always called a june bug... Now I know a lot of different beetles go by that name.

june bug 2.jpg

@Supervisor42 That's what I used to think also... I saw a few of these bugs last year and learned "June Bug" is a blanket term for a whole family of beetles. Depending on where you live in the country...

This is what I always called a june bug... Now I know a lot of different beetles go by that name.

View attachment 38222
Well fine.
I will call them 'crunch-crunch' beetles from now on because that is the sound they make under my shoes when I walk down the street.
biggrin.gif

We always called the brown ones June Bugs back in Texas. I've never seen a green one. I don't think we have them here in Colorado. They were everywhere in Texas. Along with roaches (can't say I've seen a roach in Colorado either). I guess most bugs must like humidity ... something that is in short supply here.

3, 4 & 5 years ago we were plagued with lady bugs. Winter before last the numbers dropped remarkably, more than 60%. This past winter there were fewer still.

They were replaced by stink bugs, especially since christmas. I'd rather have the lady bugs than the stink bugs or these june bugs...

As I recall, all those annoying bugs that look like ladybugs aren't the ones people want/like. They're some invasive species that are nothing other than a pain in the ass. I have them too (along with the stink bugs).

As I recall, all those annoying bugs that look like ladybugs aren't the ones people want/like. They're some invasive species that are nothing other than a pain in the ass. I have them too (along with the stink bugs).

Asian Lady Beatles. The sucky version of a lady bug.

I have a couple of shop class projects from the late 60s. I gave them to my Mom and she kept them otherwise, they would have been long gone. A cedar chest and a bookcase/nicknack shelf.
She also kept a ceramic dish I made in 1965. I took a big leaf from a tree and pressed it into clay, molded the sides to form a dish, painted it in autumn colors and fired it in a kiln. Mom carried that thing in her lap from Seattle to Honolulu and back when we moved over there. My wife keeps it in her china hutch.

Latest posts

Back