Post A Photo, A Real Photo

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you @RabbitsAreDelicious and good you are growing them :) .

We live in Australia here and are in the height of winter with frosts in our area.
Wow that's crazy. Lol. Yeah learned from a young age the store tomatoes just don't taste right. Hopefully mine produce trying to grow 2 plants each in 5 gallon buckets. So far so good.

Was easier living at home with a garden but I love tomatoes too much to not try to grow them in the city.

Speaking of Australia after listening to Men At Work Down Under I bought vegemite through Amazon lol. A bit salty and yeasty but not horrible. One of the most interesting things I ever imported. Sorry had to add that. Have a good.........morning!?!

Hope your tomatoes grow well @RabbitsAreDelicious our garden beds here have 50% shade cloth over them to stop the frost hitting the plants.

Vegemite used in small proportions is great with avocado on toast.
Oh OK so that's how you can grow them.
Thanks for the tip I will try it! It already tasted better when I heard about buttered bread then adding it. Thanks.

Most welcome @RabbitsAreDelicious and yes shade cloth is a good alternative to frost cloth to cover the gardens with and the fact we got it new for $1 a metre we thought we would go with that and it has worked well.

Yes buttered bread with vegemite and avocado spread on top is yummy.
Nice deal! At home my parents would pull the plants up that produced above ground or throw an old blanket over the plants that could take it since winter was only a few months away.

I will definitely try that my jar I guess I have had for a few years. It's best by 11/2016 lolol. But here is proof. Btw being so salty I think it is still perfectly fine.
Don't want to take up this thread on vegemite just had to share that seeing where you are from. Enjoy your harvest!

Attachments

• 20200610_213843.jpg
    20200610_213843.jpg
    917.1 KB · Views: 68
I had not one, but 2 vegemite sandwiches, when I was down there:
https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/jokes-and-humor.4921/post-119430
Lol that's awesome. When I bought it I took it to family get togethers to see who wanted to try it. My parents asked why I was like because of the song and I was curious.🤣 the cost itself wasn't much but the shipping for import was almost as much as the original price. Only food I ever imported besides wonder berry powder.

Lol that's awesome. When I bought it I took it to family get togethers to see who wanted to try it. My parents asked why I was like because of the song and I was curious.🤣 the cost itself wasn't much but the shipping for import was almost as much as the original price. Only food I ever imported besides wonder berry powder.
Vegemite is actually interesting. It was created as a vitamin supplement to add to food to improve the health of the population.
Need some iron? This has plenty.
IMG_20180121_183611_hdr.jpg

Vegemite is actually interesting. It was created as a vitamin supplement to add to food to improve the health of the population.
Need some iron? This has plenty.
View attachment 44193
At first I thought that was a pic of veggie "meat" stuff i was going to say no thanks.

Awesome that looks good though. That would expensive to export fresh lolol. I like trying different meats I think I had kangaroo jerky but with all the seasonings the taste is lost.

Makes sense about vegemite. It does have healthy things in it especially if you don't get much salt in your diet or work and sweat a lot.

Makes sense about vegemite. It does have healthy things in it especially if you don't get much salt in your diet or work and sweat a lot.
Check out what only 5 grams of vegemite has in it (a US nickel weighs 5 grams)
Look at the RDI% of the last 4.
It's basically a vitamin pill in paste form:
nutrition_en.8.full.jpg

I posted a pic
clap.gif

Last edited:
Weird yours says daily calorie is 8700kJ mine says 8400kJ and is set up a bit different. Times change and now people need a lower calorie diet? (Let me know if I should private message so I'm not filling this forum)
It.....is a pic though😉
Ah, who cares about vegemite when you have Tim-Tams!!! :woo hoo:
tim-tam-range.jpg

Those are fabulous, by the way!
Only a few stores in the US carry them.

Ah, who cares about vegemite when you have Tim-Tams!!! :woo hoo:
tim-tam-range.jpg

Those are fabulous, by the way!
Only a few stores in the US carry them.
Never heard or saw them in any stores by me. 😅 Usually around Christmas Aldi's Store will have German chocolate. That was usually the "gold standard" for chocolates. All I know is plain M&Ms are only okay same with plain Hershey's bars.

If you read the fine print under usage and diagnostics, it says that even if this setting is turned off, your device can send and receive neccessary updates from google. My settings were already turned off and my tablet still downloaded the covid update.

I would extrapolate, that no matter what, the tracking app will be up and running with or without you. Leave your stuff at home or keep it physically, electronically blocked.

I have also noticed that google seems to know what I have searched using private browsers and a VPN. This is a new tablet and it has most assuredly come with backdoor spy ware.

That dark wood chair she's in reminds me of the Copper Top. I remember heavy wood furniture (also great BBQ and ice cream!) I hope they made it through the shutdown and are still in business.
That is at Coppertop.
They all love it.

And
They did make it. He did as good with pick up orders as full house. Loyal customers,
We did pickup every Friday.
He opened up for inside dining 2 weeks ago.
Going there tomorrow night with grandson, Justin, and his girlfriend.

Best food around.

I'll treat ya if you can get here.

Jim

Latest posts

Back